5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The number of time zones on earth is equal to:
- Functional regions
- Name the five Great Lakes. Which major river do they feed into?
- Formal regions
- One of the largest bays in the world is the ______.
- a the number of hours in the day.
- b Lake Huron, Lake Ontario, Lake Michigan, Lake Erie, and Lake Superior. All of the lakes feed into the St. Lawrence River.
- c Hudson Bay
- d have boundaries that are made by governments. States, cities, and countries are formal regions.
- e are made based on a particular need. For example, your town may have voting regions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Central Valley in California and the Willamette Valley in Oregon, and Death Valley in California.
- lines of longitude
- is the physical characteristics of an area including mountains, bodies of water, natural resources, etc.
- Population Pyramid
- The Equator
5 True/False questions
What is the 0-degree longitude line called? → The equator
How many degrees are there to the east and west of the Prime Meridian? → 180 degrees
What might happen if time zones didn't have jagged borders? → A single city might be split into two or more time zones
What line of longitude is 0 degrees east west and is the beginning of the timeline? → Latitude
What lines tell you how far something is to the north or to the south? → lines of longitude