5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Countercurrent exchange
- Tolerance range
- a The maintentance of a relatively stable internal environment.
- b Extent of variation in an environmental factor within which a species can survive.
- c Arrangement of vascular tissues that enable heat to be transferred from a vessel carrying fluid from the core to an extremity, to a vessel carrying fluid from an extremity to the core.
- d Compound that when added to a fluid loewrs the freezing point of the fluid.
- e Features that assist an organism to survive in a particular habitat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sytstem of ductuless glands that produce hormones which are released directly into the bloodstream.
- Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.
- Neurons which transmit information from the central nervous system to muscle cells or glands. Also called motor neurons.
- Region of the brain responsible for essential fuctions associated with the autonomic nervous system.
- Organims whose body temperature varies with the external environment. Ectothermic.
5 True/False questions
Affector neurons → Neurons which transmit information from the central nervous system to muscle cells or glands. Also called motor neurons.
Endothermic → Organism whose body temperature fluctuates with its surroundings.
Neurons → Nerve cells.
Pituitary → Endocrine attached to the hypothalamus. Influences the production of thyroxine by the thyroid gland.
Osmosis → In animals, chemicals produced in endocrine glands that are released into and transported via that bloodstream to other parts of the body where they act.