5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Effector neurons
- Endocrine system
- a Neurons which transmit information from the central nervous system to muscle cells or glands. Also called motor neurons.
- b In animals, chemicals produced in endocrine glands that are released into and transported via that bloodstream to other parts of the body where they act.
- c Sytstem of ductuless glands that produce hormones which are released directly into the bloodstream.
- d Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
- e Endocrine attached to the hypothalamus. Influences the production of thyroxine by the thyroid gland.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Compound that when added to a fluid loewrs the freezing point of the fluid.
- Sub-branch of the nervous system involving all nerves that lie outside the brain and spinal cord.
- The maintentance of a relatively stable internal environment.
- Region of the brain responsible for essential fuctions associated with the autonomic nervous system.
- Arrangement of vascular tissues that enable heat to be transferred from a vessel carrying fluid from the core to an extremity, to a vessel carrying fluid from an extremity to the core.
5 True/False questions
Kidneys → The net movement of water across a partially permeable membrane without an input of energy and down a concentration gradient.
Osmosis → The net movement of water across a partially permeable membrane without an input of energy and down a concentration gradient.
Cell body → Nerve cells.
Endothermic → Organisms whose body temperature is maintained by internal metabloic sources.
Cuticle → Waxy outer layer on a leaf.