5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Antidiuretic hormone
- Central nervous system
- Affector neurons
- a Neurons that transmit information about changes in external or internal conditions to the central nervous system. Also called sensory neurons.
- b Homrone which increases reabsorption of water into the blood from the distal tubules and collecting ducts of nephrons in the kidney.
- c The part of the nervous system that is comprised of the brain and spinal cord.
- d Endocrine attached to the hypothalamus. Influences the production of thyroxine by the thyroid gland.
- e Features that assist an organism to survive in a particular habitat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Excretory organs involved in osmoregulation.
- Waxy outer layer on a leaf.
- Neurons which transmit information from the central nervous system to muscle cells or glands. Also called motor neurons.
- Part of the neuron that contains the nucleus. Also called the soma.
- Extent of variation in an environmental factor within which a species can survive.
5 True/False questions
Countercurrent exchange → Arrangement of vascular tissues that enable heat to be transferred from a vessel carrying fluid from the core to an extremity, to a vessel carrying fluid from an extremity to the core.
Hormones → In animals, chemicals produced in endocrine glands that are released into and transported via that bloodstream to other parts of the body where they act.
Transpiration → Features that assist an organism to survive in a particular habitat.
Dendrites → Branched extensions of nervve cells that transmit impulses to that cell.
Xerophytes → Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.