5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Central nervous system
- Endocrine system
- Effector neurons
- a The part of the nervous system that is comprised of the brain and spinal cord.
- b Sytstem of ductuless glands that produce hormones which are released directly into the bloodstream.
- c Organism that is able to maintain an internal body temperature within a narrow range. Endothermic.
- d Neurons which transmit information from the central nervous system to muscle cells or glands. Also called motor neurons.
- e Excretory organs involved in osmoregulation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sub-branch of the nervous system involving all nerves that lie outside the brain and spinal cord.
- Nerve cells found within the CNS which communicate between affector and effector neurons.
- Waxy outer layer on a leaf.
- Arrangement of vascular tissues that enable heat to be transferred from a vessel carrying fluid from the core to an extremity, to a vessel carrying fluid from an extremity to the core.
- Loss of water from the surfaces of a plant.
5 True/False questions
Neurons → Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.
Xerophytes → Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
Poikilothermic → Organism that is able to maintain an internal body temperature within a narrow range. Endothermic.
Antifreeze → Compound that when added to a fluid loewrs the freezing point of the fluid.
Pituitary → Endocrine attached to the hypothalamus. Influences the production of thyroxine by the thyroid gland.