5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Peripheral nervous system
- a Nerve cells.
- b Nerve cells found within the CNS which communicate between affector and effector neurons.
- c Organism that is able to maintain an internal body temperature within a narrow range. Endothermic.
- d Sub-branch of the nervous system involving all nerves that lie outside the brain and spinal cord.
- e The maintenance of constant internal salt and water concentrations in internal fluids.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
- Homrone which increases reabsorption of water into the blood from the distal tubules and collecting ducts of nephrons in the kidney.
- Organism whose body temperature fluctuates with its surroundings.
- Neurons which transmit information from the central nervous system to muscle cells or glands. Also called motor neurons.
- Feedback that tends to stabilize a process or conditions by reducing its rate or output when its effects are too great.
5 True/False questions
Cuticle → In animals, chemicals produced in endocrine glands that are released into and transported via that bloodstream to other parts of the body where they act.
Pituitary → Waxy outer layer on a leaf.
Countercurrent exchange → Extent of variation in an environmental factor within which a species can survive.
Homeostasis → The maintentance of a relatively stable internal environment.
Axon → Nerve cells.