5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Central nervous system
- Countercurrent exchange
- Negative feedback
- a Organism that is able to maintain an internal body temperature within a narrow range. Endothermic.
- b Feedback that tends to stabilize a process or conditions by reducing its rate or output when its effects are too great.
- c Arrangement of vascular tissues that enable heat to be transferred from a vessel carrying fluid from the core to an extremity, to a vessel carrying fluid from an extremity to the core.
- d The part of the nervous system that is comprised of the brain and spinal cord.
- e Nerve cells.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In animals, chemicals produced in endocrine glands that are released into and transported via that bloodstream to other parts of the body where they act.
- Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
- Organims whose body temperature varies with the external environment. Ectothermic.
- Organisms whose body temperature is maintained by internal metabloic sources.
- Excretory organs involved in osmoregulation.
5 True/False questions
Cell body → Part of the neuron that contains the nucleus. Also called the soma.
Antidiuretic hormone → Homrone which increases reabsorption of water into the blood from the distal tubules and collecting ducts of nephrons in the kidney.
Transpiration → Loss of water from the surfaces of a plant.
Adaptations → Loss of water from the surfaces of a plant.
Interneurons → Nerve cells.