5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Central nervous system
- Cell body
- a Nerve cells.
- b The part of the nervous system that is comprised of the brain and spinal cord.
- c Nerve cells found within the CNS which communicate between affector and effector neurons.
- d Part of the neuron that contains the nucleus. Also called the soma.
- e Waxy outer layer on a leaf.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Compound that when added to a fluid loewrs the freezing point of the fluid.
- Feedback that tends to stabilize a process or conditions by reducing its rate or output when its effects are too great.
- Neurons that transmit information about changes in external or internal conditions to the central nervous system. Also called sensory neurons.
- Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.
- Sytstem of ductuless glands that produce hormones which are released directly into the bloodstream.
5 True/False questions
Adaptations → Loss of water from the surfaces of a plant.
Poikilothermic → Organims whose body temperature varies with the external environment. Ectothermic.
Countercurrent exchange → Extent of variation in an environmental factor within which a species can survive.
Homeothermic → Organism whose body temperature fluctuates with its surroundings.
Peripheral nervous system → Sub-branch of the nervous system involving all nerves that lie outside the brain and spinal cord.