5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
- b In animals, chemicals produced in endocrine glands that are released into and transported via that bloodstream to other parts of the body where they act.
- c Loss of water from the surfaces of a plant.
- d The net movement of water across a partially permeable membrane without an input of energy and down a concentration gradient.
- e Organism whose body temperature fluctuates with its surroundings.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Organisms whose body temperature is maintained by internal metabloic sources.
- Sytstem of ductuless glands that produce hormones which are released directly into the bloodstream.
- Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.
- Excretory organs involved in osmoregulation.
- Neurons which transmit information from the central nervous system to muscle cells or glands. Also called motor neurons.
5 True/False questions
Homeothermic → Organism that is able to maintain an internal body temperature within a narrow range. Endothermic.
Central nervous system → Sub-branch of the nervous system involving all nerves that lie outside the brain and spinal cord.
Peripheral nervous system → Sub-branch of the nervous system involving all nerves that lie outside the brain and spinal cord.
Adaptations → Features that assist an organism to survive in a particular habitat.
Cuticle → Waxy outer layer on a leaf.