5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Central nervous system
- a The part of the nervous system that is comprised of the brain and spinal cord.
- b Organisms whose body temperature is maintained by internal metabloic sources.
- c Waxy outer layer on a leaf.
- d Nerve cells found within the CNS which communicate between affector and effector neurons.
- e Organims whose body temperature varies with the external environment. Ectothermic.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Branched extensions of nervve cells that transmit impulses to that cell.
- The maintentance of a relatively stable internal environment.
- Sytstem of ductuless glands that produce hormones which are released directly into the bloodstream.
- Plants with characteristics that enable resistance to drought and life in very arid areas.
- Exntension of a nerve cell along which impulses are transmitted away from that cell.
5 True/False questions
Osmoregulation → The maintenance of constant internal salt and water concentrations in internal fluids.
Adaptations → Loss of water from the surfaces of a plant.
Cell body → Part of the neuron that contains the nucleus. Also called the soma.
Antidiuretic hormone → Compound that when added to a fluid loewrs the freezing point of the fluid.
Hormones → In animals, chemicals produced in endocrine glands that are released into and transported via that bloodstream to other parts of the body where they act.