5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hero of Tirad Pass
- Philippine Independence
- Start of misunderstanding between Americans and Filipinos
- Marcela Agoncillo
- March 31, 1899
- a Malolos was attacked and conquered by the Americans through the help of additional troops.
- b June 12, 1898 - Aguinaldo declared Independence from Spanish Rule.
- c Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.
- d made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence
- e Filipinos were not allowed to enter Manila after the Spanish surrendered the area to the Americans. Real motive of Americans was unveiled, they too wanted to occupy and use the Philippines for their own interests.
5 Multiple choice questions
- These were some of the compositions of writers who showed their objections to the Americans. They used metaphors and produced zarzuelas and dramas. These were Juan Abad, Aurelio Tolentino, and Juan Matapang Cruz. They were later imprisoned because of their compositions.
- He was one of the heroes of the war against the Americans. He was a Pharmacy graduate but he read books about military science while he was in Spain. He joined Aguinaldo in 1896 and was appointed as War Director.
- These were some of the groups that continued to fight versus the Americans even after the orders to punish armed troops came out.
- Led the biggest American defeat in the Battle of San Mateo, this happened during the end of 1899.
- December 10, 1898 - this treaty gave the US authority to govern the Philippines in exchange for $20MM given to the Spain. This further enraged the Filipinos.
5 True/False questions
Macario Sakay → These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.
Secret Agreement → made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence
Start of Filipino-American War → February 4, 1899 - Americans entered Caloocan and defeated Gen Antonio Luna's troops. Luna ordered all houses to be burned to render them useless to the Americans. They then retreated to Bulacan. Luna and his men also tried to enter Manila but were again defeated. The Americans conquered other places such as Marikina, Pateros, Guadalupe and Caloocan.
Gen Martin Delgado → February 11, 1899 - his troops fought the Americans who attacked Iloilo.
March 23, 1901 → Malolos was attacked and conquered by the Americans through the help of additional troops.