5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Forced Evacuation
- Treaty of Paris
- Tanikalang Ginto, Kahapon Ngayon at Bukas, Hindi Aco Patay
- Macario Sakay
- Feb 28, 1899
- a These were some of the compositions of writers who showed their objections to the Americans. They used metaphors and produced zarzuelas and dramas. These were Juan Abad, Aurelio Tolentino, and Juan Matapang Cruz. They were later imprisoned because of their compositions.
- b December 10, 1898 - this treaty gave the US authority to govern the Philippines in exchange for $20MM given to the Spain. This further enraged the Filipinos.
- c The Americans attacked Cebu. Samar, Leyte, Marinduque, and Calamianes fell in the hands of the Americans.
- d He led a group of guerrillas and surrendered to the Americans as they were promised pardon and were convinced that their surrender would restore peace. The Americans did not fulfill their promise and this leader and his men were executed.
- e Americans declared that all armed troops would be punished or imprisoned. They resorted to this to avoid civilians helping out the guerillas. This resulted to the death of many Filipinos because of sickness and starvation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- He was one of the heroes of the war against the Americans. He was a Pharmacy graduate but he read books about military science while he was in Spain. He joined Aguinaldo in 1896 and was appointed as War Director.
- composed the Marcha National which was played during the Declaration of Independence. It became the Philippines' national anthem.
- The Irreconcilables: Artemio Ricarte, Pablo Ocampo, Maximo Hizon and Julian Gerona were exiled to Guam because of their refusal to accept American Rule.
- June 12, 1898 - Aguinaldo declared Independence from Spanish Rule.
- Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
5 True/False questions
Secret Agreement → made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence
Marcela Agoncillo → made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence
Gen Licerio Geronimo → Led the biggest American defeat in the Battle of San Mateo, this happened during the end of 1899.
Hero of Tirad Pass → Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.
Tydings McDuffie Act → This was the realization of all the efforts of Filipinos to seek independence from the Americans. It stipulated that the Phils would be granted independence after 10 years of preparation which would be under the Commonwealth government.