5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Partido Nacionalista and Partido Democrata
- Battle of Manila Bay
- Macario Sakay
- Start of Filipino-American War
- Malolos Congress
- a February 4, 1899 - Americans entered Caloocan and defeated Gen Antonio Luna's troops. Luna ordered all houses to be burned to render them useless to the Americans. They then retreated to Bulacan. Luna and his men also tried to enter Manila but were again defeated. The Americans conquered other places such as Marikina, Pateros, Guadalupe and Caloocan.
- b He led a group of guerrillas and surrendered to the Americans as they were promised pardon and were convinced that their surrender would restore peace. The Americans did not fulfill their promise and this leader and his men were executed.
- c May 1, 1898 - Comm George Dewey arrived in Manila and fought and defeated the Spaniards.
- d These were some of the groups that continued to fight versus the Americans even after the orders to punish armed troops came out.
- e September 15, 1898 - Malolos Congress was inaugurated to draft a constitution. This was held at Barasoain Church at Malolos, Bulacan.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This was the realization of all the efforts of Filipinos to seek independence from the Americans. It stipulated that the Phils would be granted independence after 10 years of preparation which would be under the Commonwealth government.
- The Americans attacked Cebu. Samar, Leyte, Marinduque, and Calamianes fell in the hands of the Americans.
- composed the Marcha National which was played during the Declaration of Independence. It became the Philippines' national anthem.
- Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
- Comm Dewey and General Merritt secretly entered into an agreement with Spanish Gov Gen Fermin Jaudines to surrender Manila to the Americans.
5 True/False questions
Gen Licerio Geronimo → He was one of the heroes of the war against the Americans. He was a Pharmacy graduate but he read books about military science while he was in Spain. He joined Aguinaldo in 1896 and was appointed as War Director.
Tanikalang Ginto, Kahapon Ngayon at Bukas, Hindi Aco Patay → These were some of the compositions of writers who showed their objections to the Americans. They used metaphors and produced zarzuelas and dramas. These were Juan Abad, Aurelio Tolentino, and Juan Matapang Cruz. They were later imprisoned because of their compositions.
Marcela Agoncillo → made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence
Gen Antonio Luna → February 11, 1899 - his troops fought the Americans who attacked Iloilo.
Guerillas → These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.