5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Secret Agreement
- Julian Felipe
- Feb 28, 1899
- Malolos Congress
- a These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.
- b The Americans attacked Cebu. Samar, Leyte, Marinduque, and Calamianes fell in the hands of the Americans.
- c composed the Marcha National which was played during the Declaration of Independence. It became the Philippines' national anthem.
- d September 15, 1898 - Malolos Congress was inaugurated to draft a constitution. This was held at Barasoain Church at Malolos, Bulacan.
- e Comm Dewey and General Merritt secretly entered into an agreement with Spanish Gov Gen Fermin Jaudines to surrender Manila to the Americans.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.
- January 23, 1899 - First Philippine Republic was established with Gen Emilio Aguinaldo as the first President. This was a true democratic government and accepted by majority of Filipinos but it was not recognized by Americans and other countries of the world.
- February 11, 1899 - his troops fought the Americans who attacked Iloilo.
- Led the biggest American defeat in the Battle of San Mateo, this happened during the end of 1899.
- February 4, 1899 - Americans entered Caloocan and defeated Gen Antonio Luna's troops. Luna ordered all houses to be burned to render them useless to the Americans. They then retreated to Bulacan. Luna and his men also tried to enter Manila but were again defeated. The Americans conquered other places such as Marikina, Pateros, Guadalupe and Caloocan.
5 True/False questions
Partido Nacionalista and Partido Democrata → June 12, 1898 - Aguinaldo declared Independence from Spanish Rule.
March 23, 1901 → Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
Gregorio del Pilar → Won the battle in Plaridel, Bulacan.
March 31, 1899 → Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
January 1, 1901 → The Irreconcilables: Artemio Ricarte, Pablo Ocampo, Maximo Hizon and Julian Gerona were exiled to Guam because of their refusal to accept American Rule.