5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- March 23, 1901
- Battle of Manila Bay
- Tanikalang Ginto, Kahapon Ngayon at Bukas, Hindi Aco Patay
- Gen Martin Delgado
- a May 1, 1898 - Comm George Dewey arrived in Manila and fought and defeated the Spaniards.
- b These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.
- c Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
- d February 11, 1899 - his troops fought the Americans who attacked Iloilo.
- e These were some of the compositions of writers who showed their objections to the Americans. They used metaphors and produced zarzuelas and dramas. These were Juan Abad, Aurelio Tolentino, and Juan Matapang Cruz. They were later imprisoned because of their compositions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Comm Dewey and General Merritt secretly entered into an agreement with Spanish Gov Gen Fermin Jaudines to surrender Manila to the Americans.
- Filipinos were not allowed to enter Manila after the Spanish surrendered the area to the Americans. Real motive of Americans was unveiled, they too wanted to occupy and use the Philippines for their own interests.
- The Irreconcilables: Artemio Ricarte, Pablo Ocampo, Maximo Hizon and Julian Gerona were exiled to Guam because of their refusal to accept American Rule.
- September 15, 1898 - Malolos Congress was inaugurated to draft a constitution. This was held at Barasoain Church at Malolos, Bulacan.
- Malolos was attacked and conquered by the Americans through the help of additional troops.
5 True/False questions
Philippine Independence → June 12, 1898 - Aguinaldo declared Independence from Spanish Rule.
Tydings McDuffie Act → These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.
Hero of Tirad Pass → Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.
Gregorio del Pilar → Won the battle in Plaridel, Bulacan.
Start of Filipino-American War → February 4, 1899 - Americans entered Caloocan and defeated Gen Antonio Luna's troops. Luna ordered all houses to be burned to render them useless to the Americans. They then retreated to Bulacan. Luna and his men also tried to enter Manila but were again defeated. The Americans conquered other places such as Marikina, Pateros, Guadalupe and Caloocan.