5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Manila Bay
- Start of misunderstanding between Americans and Filipinos
- Macario Sakay
- Gen Licerio Geronimo
- Tanikalang Ginto, Kahapon Ngayon at Bukas, Hindi Aco Patay
- a May 1, 1898 - Comm George Dewey arrived in Manila and fought and defeated the Spaniards.
- b Led the biggest American defeat in the Battle of San Mateo, this happened during the end of 1899.
- c Filipinos were not allowed to enter Manila after the Spanish surrendered the area to the Americans. Real motive of Americans was unveiled, they too wanted to occupy and use the Philippines for their own interests.
- d These were some of the compositions of writers who showed their objections to the Americans. They used metaphors and produced zarzuelas and dramas. These were Juan Abad, Aurelio Tolentino, and Juan Matapang Cruz. They were later imprisoned because of their compositions.
- e He led a group of guerrillas and surrendered to the Americans as they were promised pardon and were convinced that their surrender would restore peace. The Americans did not fulfill their promise and this leader and his men were executed.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This was the realization of all the efforts of Filipinos to seek independence from the Americans. It stipulated that the Phils would be granted independence after 10 years of preparation which would be under the Commonwealth government.
- February 4, 1899 - Americans entered Caloocan and defeated Gen Antonio Luna's troops. Luna ordered all houses to be burned to render them useless to the Americans. They then retreated to Bulacan. Luna and his men also tried to enter Manila but were again defeated. The Americans conquered other places such as Marikina, Pateros, Guadalupe and Caloocan.
- composed the Marcha National which was played during the Declaration of Independence. It became the Philippines' national anthem.
- These were the Filipinos who went to the mountains to continue their fight against the Americans.
- January 23, 1899 - First Philippine Republic was established with Gen Emilio Aguinaldo as the first President. This was a true democratic government and accepted by majority of Filipinos but it was not recognized by Americans and other countries of the world.
5 True/False questions
Treaty of Paris → He led a group of guerrillas and surrendered to the Americans as they were promised pardon and were convinced that their surrender would restore peace. The Americans did not fulfill their promise and this leader and his men were executed.
Feb 28, 1899 → Malolos was attacked and conquered by the Americans through the help of additional troops.
March 23, 1901 → Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
Partido Nacionalista and Partido Democrata → These were some of the groups that continued to fight versus the Americans even after the orders to punish armed troops came out.
Malolos Congress → made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence