5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- March 23, 1901
- San Isidro, Nueva Ecija
- Gregorio del Pilar
- Gen Antonio Luna
- Malolos Congress
- a This was where the seat of government was transferred by Aguinaldo after Malolos was conquered by the Americans.
- b Aguinaldo was captured by American troops and brought to Manila. This was the fall of the First Philippine Republic.
- c September 15, 1898 - Malolos Congress was inaugurated to draft a constitution. This was held at Barasoain Church at Malolos, Bulacan.
- d Won the battle in Plaridel, Bulacan.
- e He was one of the heroes of the war against the Americans. He was a Pharmacy graduate but he read books about military science while he was in Spain. He joined Aguinaldo in 1896 and was appointed as War Director.
5 Multiple choice questions
- composed the Marcha National which was played during the Declaration of Independence. It became the Philippines' national anthem.
- The Irreconcilables: Artemio Ricarte, Pablo Ocampo, Maximo Hizon and Julian Gerona were exiled to Guam because of their refusal to accept American Rule.
- These were some of the groups that continued to fight versus the Americans even after the orders to punish armed troops came out.
- Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.
- The Americans attacked Cebu. Samar, Leyte, Marinduque, and Calamianes fell in the hands of the Americans.
5 True/False questions
Start of Filipino-American War → Aguinaldo left Gen Gregorio del Pilar and his troops at Tirad Pass as they were escaping to avoid American persecution. Del Pilar and his troops were killed on Dec 2, 1898. Del Pilar was recognized as the ___________.
Start of misunderstanding between Americans and Filipinos → February 4, 1899 - Americans entered Caloocan and defeated Gen Antonio Luna's troops. Luna ordered all houses to be burned to render them useless to the Americans. They then retreated to Bulacan. Luna and his men also tried to enter Manila but were again defeated. The Americans conquered other places such as Marikina, Pateros, Guadalupe and Caloocan.
Secret Agreement → made the Philippine flag that was raised during the Declaration of Independence
Gen Licerio Geronimo → Led the biggest American defeat in the Battle of San Mateo, this happened during the end of 1899.
Forced Evacuation → Americans declared that all armed troops would be punished or imprisoned. They resorted to this to avoid civilians helping out the guerillas. This resulted to the death of many Filipinos because of sickness and starvation.