5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- though it exists
- Tabula rasa
- Eternal, indestructible and pre-existent
- David Hume
- a He gave validity to phenomina (i.e. experiences) and so the soul was just a bundle of perceptions in continual flux; " a jumble of perceptions"
- b According to the pre-socratics and plato, the souls are:
- c According to John locke, personal identity is what?
- d According to Immanuel Kant, although we can't know it exists, we can live and act as ________
- e According to St. Thomas, he believed that we need to _______ all vital capacities
5 Multiple choice questions
- According to St. Thomas, he believed that the good of the "_____" soul united to the body
- According to David Hume, substance is psychological not __________.
- self-observation and reporting thoughts, feelings and sensations
- According to Aristotle, he held that wherever there is life, there is a
5 True/False questions
Toward perfection → According to Immanuel Kant, this "I", this "consciousness" continues inexorably __________
Three categories of soul → St. Thomas borrowed from this idea
Pineal gland → According to Rene Descartes, activity coordinate via the _______.
The presocratics → He believed in thinking substance (mind, soul) and "extended" or bodily (material)
Behaviorism → According to Watson, he led the charge against introspection and replaced it with "_____"