5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nutritive soul, sensitive soul, and rational soul
- Personal indentity
- a According to St. Thomas, he believed that we need to _______ all vital capacities
- b According to Aristotle, the degrees of souls:
- c According to ______, soul and body.
1. there is no inner/outer contrast.
- d According to John Locke, substances are _________ , in themselves
- e According to Aristotle, soul has little to do with ____.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Substance or essence of human beings
- According to Immanuel Kant, this "I", this "consciousness" continues inexorably __________
- According to Aristotle, the soul is not an ____________ existing substance
- According to St. Thomas, a person is not his/her soul, or _____ alone (as plato and descartes)
- According to Rene Descartes, activity coordinate via the _______.
5 True/False questions
inner spectator → According to Aristotle, the soul is not an
John Locke → He denied that the soul accounts for personal identity
The self = soul → According to Immanuel Kant, __________ is merely an unknown something but a respresentation of an unknown which thinks
I am aware (awareness) → immortal
The presocratics → He believed that the soul can will, feel, reaon, have passions as the mind directs