5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Introspective psychology
- Immanuel Kant
- passive reason
- a According to St. Augustine, he believed that the soul ___ reincarnation (as in plato)
- b Believed that the soul is the "I" in the strict; we can't know without experience
- c According to John Locke, substances can be known via the ______ of the ideas they produce
- d potency
- e According to John B. Watson, he wanted to overhaul the predominant school of psych, "______"
5 Multiple choice questions
- He believed that the soul can will, feel, reaon, have passions as the mind directs
- According to G.W. Von Leibniz, the soul - monald gains ______, enhanced by sensory experience
- According to G.W. Von Leibniz, the human being and the "queen monald" = ________.
- According to John B. Watson, ultimately would _________ the notion of soul or mind as an "entity"
5 True/False questions
Ideas caught on and formed the standard of practice → According to Immanuel Kant, this "I", this "consciousness" continues inexorably __________
Ontological → According to the pre-socratics and plato, the soul is ____, and a real person
Rene Descartes → He believed in thinking substance (mind, soul) and "extended" or bodily (material)
passive reason → immortal
Three categories of soul → St. Thomas borrowed from this idea