5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Dull, iname, insipid. The ___ discussion between the two girls was boring and uninteresting.
- b Appropriate conduct, correct and proper behaviour. The students' ___ at the dance was excellent.
- c To rave,to speak in a loud and attacking manner. He ___ constantly about how everyone is out to get him.
- d A recent convert, beginner, novice. Being a ___ to surfing, he is having trouble catching a wave.
- e Lacking clarity of feature or sharpness of outline. She had a ___ recollection of the meeting with the man, unable to provide any specific facts about it.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A brief outline of the main points of a text or course of study. The ___ that the professor gave to us stated that the final exam counts for 60% of our grade.
- Impressive, imposing. They have ___ plans to build a new football stadium.
- to express sympathy. I ___ with the family abou their loss.
- Size or dimensions (usually the measure around a body). To be a sumo wrestler, one must have a large ___.
- A company or group-- Usually theatrical performers. A Shakespeare ___ is coming to town to perform Macbeth.
5 True/False questions
Drone → A company or group-- Usually theatrical performers. A Shakespeare ___ is coming to town to perform Macbeth.
abase → Dull of mind, insensitive, stupid. His ___ response to the question showed that he did not understand the nature of the discussion.
Inception → Incapable of being expressed in speech or words. Her delight in beeing selected as a cheerleader was ___.
enunciate → to renounce, to give up power. In order to marry the commoner, the king had to ___ his thr
stultifying → causing to be useless, crippling, causing to appear stupid. The teacher ___ his position in the classroom if he permits bad behavior.