5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Dull, iname, insipid. The ___ discussion between the two girls was boring and uninteresting.
- b To blame for something; a disgrace. Her conduct was so good that it was beyond ___.
- c A brief outline of the main points of a text or course of study. The ___ that the professor gave to us stated that the final exam counts for 60% of our grade.
- d To rave,to speak in a loud and attacking manner. He ___ constantly about how everyone is out to get him.
- e Size or dimensions (usually the measure around a body). To be a sumo wrestler, one must have a large ___.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The beginning of something. Joe has worked for the company since its ___ in 1935.
- to express sympathy. I ___ with the family abou their loss.
- sarcastically biting, acrid. Critics are known for their ___ remarks about movies that they do not like.
- Impressive, imposing. They have ___ plans to build a new football stadium.
- to renounce, to give up power. In order to marry the commoner, the king had to ___ his thr
5 True/False questions
Parable → to degrade, to humiliate. the bitter woman deliberately set out to ___ her husband in public.
Savant → To rave,to speak in a loud and attacking manner. He ___ constantly about how everyone is out to get him.
Ineffable → A short, ficticious story that has a moral. Jesus often imparted knowledge to his disciples through ___.
enunciate → to pronounce clearly. Please ___ your response so that everyone can understand you.
Troupe → Speaking in a monotonous tone; a continuous low humming sound. I could hardly endure the constant ___ of the speaer's voice.