5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Courteous going along with the opinions or wishes of another. In ___ to your wishes, I will not see him again.
- b to pronounce clearly. Please ___ your response so that everyone can understand you.
- c A company or group-- Usually theatrical performers. A Shakespeare ___ is coming to town to perform Macbeth.
- d to express sympathy. I ___ with the family abou their loss.
- e Dull, iname, insipid. The ___ discussion between the two girls was boring and uninteresting.
5 Multiple choice questions
- sarcastically biting, acrid. Critics are known for their ___ remarks about movies that they do not like.
- A short, ficticious story that has a moral. Jesus often imparted knowledge to his disciples through ___.
- A recent convert, beginner, novice. Being a ___ to surfing, he is having trouble catching a wave.
- Size or dimensions (usually the measure around a body). To be a sumo wrestler, one must have a large ___.
- Incapable of being expressed in speech or words. Her delight in beeing selected as a cheerleader was ___.
5 True/False questions
Obtuse → to degrade, to humiliate. the bitter woman deliberately set out to ___ her husband in public.
abdicate → to renounce, to give up power. In order to marry the commoner, the king had to ___ his thr
decorum → Speaking in a monotonous tone; a continuous low humming sound. I could hardly endure the constant ___ of the speaer's voice.
Rant → To rave,to speak in a loud and attacking manner. He ___ constantly about how everyone is out to get him.
Unequivocal → Lacking clarity of feature or sharpness of outline. She had a ___ recollection of the meeting with the man, unable to provide any specific facts about it.