5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Dull, iname, insipid. The ___ discussion between the two girls was boring and uninteresting.
- b causing to be useless, crippling, causing to appear stupid. The teacher ___ his position in the classroom if he permits bad behavior.
- c Incapable of being expressed in speech or words. Her delight in beeing selected as a cheerleader was ___.
- d The beginning of something. Joe has worked for the company since its ___ in 1935.
- e Dull of mind, insensitive, stupid. His ___ response to the question showed that he did not understand the nature of the discussion.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to pronounce clearly. Please ___ your response so that everyone can understand you.
- Speaking in a monotonous tone; a continuous low humming sound. I could hardly endure the constant ___ of the speaer's voice.
- To blame for something; a disgrace. Her conduct was so good that it was beyond ___.
- to degrade, to humiliate. the bitter woman deliberately set out to ___ her husband in public.
- to express sympathy. I ___ with the family abou their loss.
5 True/False questions
Girth → To rave,to speak in a loud and attacking manner. He ___ constantly about how everyone is out to get him.
Deference → Courteous going along with the opinions or wishes of another. In ___ to your wishes, I will not see him again.
Savant → To rave,to speak in a loud and attacking manner. He ___ constantly about how everyone is out to get him.
Rant → To rave,to speak in a loud and attacking manner. He ___ constantly about how everyone is out to get him.
abdicate → to renounce, to give up power. In order to marry the commoner, the king had to ___ his thr