5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Speaking in a monotonous tone; a continuous low humming sound. I could hardly endure the constant ___ of the speaer's voice.
- b sarcastically biting, acrid. Critics are known for their ___ remarks about movies that they do not like.
- c A scholar, a learned person. Woodrow Wilson is an example of a ___ who became president.
- d Appropriate conduct, correct and proper behaviour. The students' ___ at the dance was excellent.
- e A short, ficticious story that has a moral. Jesus often imparted knowledge to his disciples through ___.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to express sympathy. I ___ with the family abou their loss.
- Without a doubt, clear. The president stated in an ___ manner, "If nominated, I will run; nd if elected, I will serve".
- Size or dimensions (usually the measure around a body). To be a sumo wrestler, one must have a large ___.
- to pronounce clearly. Please ___ your response so that everyone can understand you.
- A company or group-- Usually theatrical performers. A Shakespeare ___ is coming to town to perform Macbeth.
5 True/False questions
Inception → The beginning of something. Joe has worked for the company since its ___ in 1935.
Syllabus → A brief outline of the main points of a text or course of study. The ___ that the professor gave to us stated that the final exam counts for 60% of our grade.
Grandiose → Impressive, imposing. They have ___ plans to build a new football stadium.
Nebulous → Lacking clarity of feature or sharpness of outline. She had a ___ recollection of the meeting with the man, unable to provide any specific facts about it.
Reproach → Speaking in a monotonous tone; a continuous low humming sound. I could hardly endure the constant ___ of the speaer's voice.