5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a shameless, insolent, disrespectful. Pinching that woman was a very ___ act.
- b Dull of mind, insensitive, stupid. His ___ response to the question showed that he did not understand the nature of the discussion.
- c A recent convert, beginner, novice. Being a ___ to surfing, he is having trouble catching a wave.
- d Courteous going along with the opinions or wishes of another. In ___ to your wishes, I will not see him again.
- e Appropriate conduct, correct and proper behaviour. The students' ___ at the dance was excellent.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Speaking in a monotonous tone; a continuous low humming sound. I could hardly endure the constant ___ of the speaer's voice.
- to pronounce clearly. Please ___ your response so that everyone can understand you.
- Dull, iname, insipid. The ___ discussion between the two girls was boring and uninteresting.
- sarcastically biting, acrid. Critics are known for their ___ remarks about movies that they do not like.
- A company or group-- Usually theatrical performers. A Shakespeare ___ is coming to town to perform Macbeth.
5 True/False questions
Ineffable → A short, ficticious story that has a moral. Jesus often imparted knowledge to his disciples through ___.
comiserate → to express sympathy. I ___ with the family abou their loss.
abdicate → to degrade, to humiliate. the bitter woman deliberately set out to ___ her husband in public.
Rant → Speaking in a monotonous tone; a continuous low humming sound. I could hardly endure the constant ___ of the speaer's voice.
Grandiose → To rave,to speak in a loud and attacking manner. He ___ constantly about how everyone is out to get him.