Create an account
2) How many of the following can be observed in the mesohyl of various undisturbed sponges at one time or another?
D) four of these
4) In terms of food capture, which sponge cell is most similar to the cnidocyte of a cnidarian?
6) How many of the following are characteristics of at least some members of the phylum Cnidaria?
D) four of these
7) Which of the following is true of members of the phylum Cnidaria?
D) They may use a gastrovascular cavity as a hydrostatic skeleton.
9) Which clade in the phylum Cnidaria includes "jellies" with rounded (as opposed to boxlike) medusae?
11) Which characteristic(s) is (are) shared by both cnidarians and flatworms?
D) a digestive system with a single opening
13) Against which hard structure do the circular and longitudinal muscles of annelids work?
E) hydrostatic skeleton
15) Planarians lack dedicated respiratory and circulatory systems because
A) none of their cells are far removed from the gastrovascular cavity or from the external environment.
17) The larvae of many common tapeworm species that infect humans are usually found
B) encysted in the muscles of an animal, such as a cow or pig.
25) Which of the following is a characteristic of nematodes?
B) They have only longitudinal muscles.
27) How many of the following can be used to distinguish a nematode worm from an annelid worm?
C) three of these
28) Nematode worms and annelid worms share which of the following features?
A) use of fluid in the body cavity as a hydrostatic skeleton
31) Infection with which parasite might cause excessive elasticity in human skeletal muscles?
A) trichinella worms
32) Which of the following are entirely, or partly, composed of calcium carbonate?
B) coral animals' exoskeletons
34) Among the invertebrate phyla, phylum Arthropoda is unique in possessing members that have
35) A shared derived characteristic for members of the arthropod subgroup that includes spiders would be the presence of
36) You find a small animal with eight legs crawling up your bedroom wall. Closer examination will probably reveal that this animal has
A) simple, but not compound, eyes.
37) What distinguishes complete metamorphosis from incomplete metamorphosis in insects?
C) the radically different appearance between adults and earlier life stages
86) If the teacher had wanted to demonstrate that some invertebrates possess a closed circulatory system, the teacher should have removed and dissected a
87) Had the teacher wanted to point out organisms that belong to the most successful animal phylum, the teacher should have chosen the
C) shrimp and copepods.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together