5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a song or song-like poem that tells a story
- a humorous, rhyming, five-line poem with a specific meter and rhyme scheme
- A poem that tells a story.
- Fourteen-line lyric poem that is usually written in iambic pentameter and that has one of several rhyme schemes.
- the meter or pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in a line of poetry
5 True/False questions
epic poem → a long narrative poem telling of a hero's deeds
lyric poem → a poem that does not tell a story but expresses the personal feelings or thoughts of a speaker
internal rhyme → a word inside a line rhymes with another word on the same line
figurative language → Writing or speech that is used to create vivid impressions by setting up comparisons between dissimilar things, [examples are metaphor, simile, and personification.
meter → a pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in poetry that creates its rhythm