5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a word inside a line rhymes with another word on the same line
- a Japanese form of poetry, consisting of three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables
- The pattern or sequence in which end rhyme occurs throughout a poem. The first end sound is represented with an "a," the second end sound is represented with a "b," and so on. When the first sound is repeated at the end of another line within the poem, it is also designated as "a."
- a song or song-like poem that tells a story
- A poem that tells a story.
5 True/False questions
lyric poem → a poem that does not tell a story but expresses the personal feelings or thoughts of a speaker
meter → a pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in poetry that creates its rhythm
rhyme → the meter or pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in a line of poetry
epic poem → a long narrative poem telling of a hero's deeds
limerick → a humorous, rhyming, five-line poem with a specific meter and rhyme scheme