5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Two words that have some sound in common but do not rhyme exactly
- a song or song-like poem that tells a story
- Writing or speech that is used to create vivid impressions by setting up comparisons between dissimilar things, [examples are metaphor, simile, and personification.
- Fourteen-line lyric poem that is usually written in iambic pentameter and that has one of several rhyme schemes.
- a word inside a line rhymes with another word on the same line
5 True/False questions
haiku → repetition of sounds at the end of words
rhythm → repetition of sounds at the end of words
meter → a pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in poetry that creates its rhythm
narrative poem → a poem that does not tell a story but expresses the personal feelings or thoughts of a speaker
rhyme scheme → repetition of sounds at the end of words