5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- occurs when words at the end of lines rhyme
- Writing or speech that is used to create vivid impressions by setting up comparisons between dissimilar things, [examples are metaphor, simile, and personification.
- a word inside a line rhymes with another word on the same line
- a humorous, rhyming, five-line poem with a specific meter and rhyme scheme
- a long narrative poem telling of a hero's deeds
5 True/False questions
meter → a pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in poetry that creates its rhythm
sonnet → a pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in poetry that creates its rhythm
rhyme scheme → the meter or pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in a line of poetry
slant rhyme → Two words that have some sound in common but do not rhyme exactly
narrative poem → A poem that tells a story.