5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Legislative Branch
- Third Estate
- a Make the laws. The Congress.
- b The draft. Stated that all unmarried able-bodied men from 18-25 years of age were liable for military services.
- c City dwelling middle class. Professional people.
- d All former ruling families should be restored to their thrones.
- e The rest of the population of France. 97% of the population. Split into three groups.
5 Multiple choice questions
- King's Flight to Varennes
- An agreement between the people and Napoleon (1801), in which the Catholic religion was recognized as the religion of most French citizens, but did not abolish the religious toleration guaranteed by the Declaration of the Rights of Man.
- Enforces the laws. The president.
- First Constitution proclaimed
- The French Concordat with the Catholic Church
5 True/False questions
Nationalism → Love of ones country rather than love of one's religion.
émigrés → Those who wanted to get rid of the king, set up a republic, and institute far-reaching changes.
Departments → The 83 divided parts of France during the Revolution, reformed by the National Assembly.
1790 → Louis XVI becomes king
Liberalism → Extended the principles of the American and French Revolutions with their ideals of individual rights and the rule of law.