5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- July 5, 1809
- August, 1788
- Coup d'état
- a Arrest of Pope Pius VII
- b Seizure of power by force.
- c The Estates General is convoked for May 1, 1789
- d City dwelling middle class. Professional people.
- e A time after the Napoleonic era where those in power wanted to return to the conditions of an earlier period. Led by Reactionaries.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The thinkers of the Enlightenment. Not only philosophers but critics of society.
- A time when philosophers believed they could apply the scientific method and use reason to logically explain human nature.
- Make the laws. The Congress.
- Tennis Court Oath
- Louis XVI becomes king
5 True/False questions
Indemnity → A compensation to other nations for damages inflicted on them.
Plebiscite → A procedure in which Napoleon submitted the constitution of his new government to the people for a vote.
Executive Branch → Enforces the laws. The president.
Liberalism → Extended the principles of the American and French Revolutions with their ideals of individual rights and the rule of law.
Conscription → Those who did not want to change the existing conditions, who thought the Revolution had gone on too long.