5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- September 3, 1791
- Second Estate
- a A time after the Napoleonic era where those in power wanted to return to the conditions of an earlier period. Led by Reactionaries.
- b The thinkers of the Enlightenment. Not only philosophers but critics of society.
- c First Constitution proclaimed
- d Extended the principles of the American and French Revolutions with their ideals of individual rights and the rule of law.
- e The nobility. 2% of the population.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Emigrants, a constant source of trouble for France.
- Just laws and wise governments must be created by and subject to the will of the people.
- A system of government in which absolute monarchs ruled according to the principles of the Enlightenment.
- Those who had no extreme views regarding the Revolution.
- Arrest of Pope Pius VII
5 True/False questions
1801 → Louis XVI becomes king
Nationalism → Love of ones country rather than love of one's religion.
1774 → Civil Constitution of the Clergy
Concordat → The draft. Stated that all unmarried able-bodied men from 18-25 years of age were liable for military services.
Bourgeoisie → A procedure in which Napoleon submitted the constitution of his new government to the people for a vote.