5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Possessor of Land
- Act of God
- a Duty to protect people on your property. Heightened for an invitee
- b a natural and unavoidable catastrophe that interrupts the expected course of events
- c Occurs when one party to a contract is not given full or accurate information by the other party about the contract subject matter
- d someone who intrudes on the privacy or property of another without permission
- e Request to a higher court for a review of a case
5 Multiple choice questions
- Both parties have a common but erroneous belief forming the basis of a contract
- (law) the determination by a court of competent jurisdiction on matters submitted to it
- a contract between two or more persons who agree to pool talent and money and share profits or losses
- 1. General Rule: Ambiguity in contract terms must be construed most strongly against the party which drafted the contract
2. Policy: The rule's application rests on a public policy theory that the party who chose the word is more likely to have provided more carefully for the protection of her own interests, is more likely to have had reason to know of uncertainties, and may have even left the meaning deliberately obscure
3. Application: The rule is usually applied in cases involving an adhesion contract or where one party is in a stronger bargaining position, although it is not necessarily limited to those situations.
- a statute prescribing the time period during which legal action can be taken
5 True/False questions
Proximate Cause → is the cause that immediately and directly results in a specific event. if a person can eleminate any one of the 4 elemants, the lawsuit will not be successful.
Betterment → an improvement that adds to the value of a property or facility
Mechanic's Liens → lien to secure payment for work and materials in erecting or repairing a building or other structure.
Cost Conditions → In some cases, if a project is not bid under a guaranteed amount by the designer, the fees will be reduced or eliminated
Custom → Practice routinely followed by agroup of people.