5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sole Proprietor
- Comparative Negligence
- Discovery Process
- A/E Site Observation Obligations
- a a visitor to whom hospitality is extended
- b when both sides prepare for trial, gather evidence, interview witnesses, hire private investigators, etc.
- c If an architect or engineer working on a specific project notices something wrong or out of place, it is there duty to notify the proper person to remedy the problem
- d a business owned and controlled by one person.
- e (law) negligence allocated between the plaintiff and the defendant with a corresponding reduction in damages paid to the plaintiff
5 Multiple choice questions
- a bond given to protect the recipient against loss in case the terms of a contract are not filled
- an exemption that precludes bringing a suit against the sovereign government without the government's consent
- Unconscionability is generally not a defense against enforcement. Unconscionability can be substantive, i.e. the terms are unfair, or procedural, i.e. the process was unfair.
- A court will award money or other relief to a party injured by a breach of contract
- Both parties have a common but erroneous belief forming the basis of a contract
5 True/False questions
Length of Agency → Agent can be terminated at any time, unless contract explicitly states that agent cannot be terminated
Violation of Statutes → Plaintiff assumes the risk when defendants negligence consists of a violation of statute. i.e. Guest knowingly rides in a car with no headlights at night
Obligation to Mitigate → Plaintiff assumes the risk when defendants negligence consists of a violation of statute. i.e. Guest knowingly rides in a car with no headlights at night
Causation → exchange of things of value
Partnership → the people directly concerned with or taking part in any legal matter