5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Contributory Negligence
- Payment Bond
- Implied Warranty
- a is when the victim did something that helped cause his or her own injury
- b someone who intrudes on the privacy or property of another without permission
- c A contract bond guaranteeing that the project will be free of liens.
- d an unwritten guarantee that the good or service is fit for the purpose for which it was sold
- e (law) the determination by a court of competent jurisdiction on matters submitted to it
5 Multiple choice questions
- Court looks at the whole over parts. Court looks at written or typed over printed words.
- Similar to reasonable person standard, but for specific jobs and careers
- 1. selection of the jury 2. opening statments by prosecution and defense 3. presentation of the prosecutors evidence and witnesses 4. presentation of the defense's evidence and witnesses 5. presentation of rebuttal witnesses 6. closing arguments by each side 7. instruction of the jury by the judge, 8. decision by the jury
- promise of reimbursement in the case of loss
- a court will award money or other relief to a party injured by a breach of contract
5 True/False questions
Cause in Fact → A cause and effect relationship in which one variable controls the changes in another variable.
Cost Predictions → exchange of things of value
Possessor of Land → Duty to protect people on your property. Heightened for an invitee
Unconscionability → a system of jurisprudence based on judicial precedents rather than statutory laws
Breach → a failure to perform some promised act or obligation