Upgrade to remove ads
5.4 Guided Reading Alexander's Empire
Terms in this set (5)
Alexander felt free to carry out his father's plans and invade and conquer Persia
He met Persia's troops at the Granicus River and made the first move, leading his troops to battle
2. Ordered his finest troops to break through a weak spot in the Persian lines
2. The king fled frightened, followed by his army.
With victory, Alexander now had control over Anatolia
3. The collapse of the Persian resistance fired his ambition and he announced his plans to conquer the entire Persian Empire
He went to Egypt and the Egyptians crowned him pharaoh
4. Alexander moved east into Mesopotamia to confront Darius
The king fled once again along with his troops.
Alexander's victory ended Persia's power
5. Alexander pushed on, hoping to reach the farthest edge of the continent
The exhausted soldiers yearned to go home.
Alexander bitterly disappointed agreed to turn back
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Melis chapter 6 The Rise of Christianity
Chapter 6: The Roman Empire Section 2 Guided Readi…
World History Chapter 6 Section 1 The Roman Republ…
VA/US SOL Review General Vocabulary
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
WHAP- Chapter 5- Section 4- Alexander's Empire
(Mid-Term) Summer Reading Identification of Charac…
Mythology idk about a title
People of Greece
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Chapter 9 and 10 Quiz:
Chapter 1 & 7 Quiz
Chapter 7: GDP and CPI: Tracking the Macroeconomy
Chapter 6: Macroeconomics