5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were three significant results of Andrew Jackson's policies toward the American
- What were the significant reasons for the use of the following trails:
-Santa Fe Trail
- Mexico recognizes Texas as a part of
the United States.
The Rio Grande is made the border
between Mexico and the United States.
Mexico cedes (surrenders) territory
that is now part of 7 present-day states
What treaty established these terms of peace to end the war?
- What century does the most territorial expansion of the United States take place?
- What territories were added as a result of the U.S.-Mexican War?
- a Early 19th Century
- b Present day states of California, Nevada, and Utah; Most of Arizona and New Mexico: Parts of
Colorado and Wyoming;
- c - Mormon Trail: Route by which Mormons traveled west to Utah
-Santa Fe Trail: Route by which American merchants with manufactured goods traveled and traded in Santa Fe with Mexican merchants for horses, mules, and silver.
-Oregon Trail: Used by many settlers moving west to Oregon Country.
- d Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
- e -Indian Removal
-Worcester v. Georgia
- Trail of Tears
5 Multiple choice questions
- It created a route for settlers to cross without having to cross the Mountains.
- To spread the principles of democratic government
- American Progress by John Gast
- Kansas and Nebraska
5 True/False questions
What specific physical feature was a major deterrent for Americans to move west? → Rocky Mountains
How did President Polk's placement of soldiers, along the Rio Grande contribute to the outbreak
of war with Mexico? → U.S. soldiers entered territory that Mexico considered its own territory
What year did the United States purchase Louisiana? Who was the president when
Louisiana was purchased? → Kansas and Nebraska
How did the Northwest Ordinance of 1787 provide for the orderly expansion of the United
States? → Pioneers are shown moving West bringing new transportation and communication technologies with the angel guiding and protecting them.
Describe the following court case:
Worcester v. Georgia → Gained Support for the abolitionist movement