주헌 11차 시험영어
Terms in this set (81)
a frame with sliding beads, used for counting.
a short way of writing a word or a group of words.
the part of animal's or a person's body that contains the
intestines and stomach.
1) on the subject of.
2) on the point of doing something.
3) more or less.
a large flag or piece of cloth that has a picture or a message on it.
1) a long, narrow piece of metal.
2) a counter or a room where drinks or snacks are sold.
1) a grill over an open fire that is lit outdoors and used for cooking
meat, fish, or vegetables.
2) a party or special meal where food is cooked on a barbecue.
1) the rough wood on the outside of a tree trunk.
2) to make a rough, loud noise like a dog.
a very strong, stiff type of paper used to make boxes.
1) to be interested.
2) to look after someone.
3) to fell affection for someone.
the jobs someone has during their working life, usually in the
1) a special event with a street procession, music, and dancing.
2) a traveling fair with rides, games, and shows.
not having a limb, or being without power or strength, especially
of movement, in part of your body because of injury or disease.
to think differently from someone about something.
to go out of sight.
to make someone sad by not doing something they expected.
to become larger.
to think that something is likely to happen.
1) an important event that you remember for a long time.
2) knowledge or skill gained from doing something for a long time.
to look around somewhere carefully for the first time.
not real or true.
well-known to you.
1) a device that moves air around to make you feel cooler.
2) a person who is very interested and enthusiastic about something.
someone who believes in something so strongly that it controls their life.
a piece of clothing what you were on your hands.
a mammal with horns from the same animal group as sheep.
Goats eat grass and other plants and are often kept on farms for
their milk. A baby goat is called a kid.
a being that people worship and believe has power over their lives.
1) the back part of your foot.
2) the higher back part of a shoe.
a group large, grazing animals.
1) a very brave person.
2) the main character in a story, movie, or play.(hero is male and heroine is female)
to go to sleep for the winter.
to check something carefully.
in place of.
quick to learn, think, and understand.
a puzzle with oddly shaped pieces that fit together to make a picture.
the place where two pieces of something join together.
The bones in your body meet at joints to help you move around.
something that someone says or does to make people laugh.
to shake or move in a bumpy way.
to rest on something or tilt to one side.
a talk given by one person to an audience.
a long vegetable with layers of tight leaves. Leeks are part of the onion family.
allowed by law, or having to do with the law.
a well-known old story that may or may not be true.
a time when you don't have to work.
to make something in large quantities with a machine.
a large number (of).
a drawing of all, a part of, Earth's surface. Maps often show where towns, rivers, and other geographical features are.
a very long running race. A marathon is 26miles and 385yards long.
1) a hard rock that is used in buildings to make floors or for decoration.
2) a small, glass ball that is used to play a children's game called marbles.
produced by nature.
all the things in the world that are not made by humans, such as the weather, animals, plants, and the sea.
disobedient or badly behaved.
relating to ships, sailors, or sailing.
1) a country's warships and sailors.
2) a dark blue color.
a place in the desert where there is water and where plants and trees can grow.
a type of cereal crop grown on farms.
Oats are used to make food and to feed cattle, horses, and other animals.
above or across.
over the side of a ship or boat.
covered in plants that have been left to grow wild.
to hear people talking about things accidently.
to cover the edge of something.
to catch up with and pass by.
water that falls from the clouds in drops.
an arch of color that appears in the sky when the sun shines while it's raining.
a single drop of rain.
the amount of rain that falls over a particular area.
a dense, hot, wet jungle that grows in tropical areas.
1) to calm down or stop moving.
2) to decide or agree about something without any doubts.
a number, usually three or more, but not many more.
1) extremely bad.
2) strict or hard.
to join something together using a needle and thread.
1) very high.
2) having a particular height.
used to living or working with human beings.
the color of your skin after you've been in the sun.
1) not able to think and feel, possibly because of an illness or accident.
2) done without thinking.
to remove the cover, unwrap, or reveal something.
a solemn promise.
a sound represented by the letters a, e, i, o, or u.
a large bird of prey that feeds on dead animals. Vultures have a
good eyesight. Their feet are adapted for walking rather than holding onto branches.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Wordly Wise 3000, Book 2, Cumulative
ENGL113 Chapter 7 Short list.
Advanced Language Practice Unit 1
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
주헌 9차 영어단어시험