Create an account
Both have the same density
5) Which has the greater density, a lake full of water or a cup full of lake water?
A) the cup full of lake water
B) the lake full of lake water
C) Both have the same density.
D) It is impossible to tell without knowing the size of
8) If the mass of an object were to double while its volume remains the same, its density would
C) stay the same.
D) become four times as great.
10) When weight is applied to the top of a stone arch, all of the stone blocks in the arch undergo
D) change of phase.
11) When a load is placed on the middle of a horizontal beam supported at each end, the bottom part of the beam undergoes
12) You wish to bolt a sign to a horizontal I-beam supporting a bridge. You will weaken the beam least if you drill the bolt-holes through the
A) upper flange.
B) lower flange.
D) All these will have the same effect.
500 kg per cubic meter
18) A wooden block has a mass of 1000 kg and a volume of 2 cubic meters. What is the block's density?
A) 100 kg per cubic meter
B) 200 kg per cubic meter
C) 500 kg per cubic meter
D) 1000 kg per cubic meter
E) none of these
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together