5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 66-70 C.E.
- Ark of the Covenant
- a Jewish revolt and Jerusalem under attack by Roman army
- b Primary post-Sinai symbol of the presence of God constructed by Moses at Mt. Sinai. Said to hold Ten Commandments, called "the footstool of YahWeh," leads to Promised Land
- c 3-4: Crossing the Jordan in same way they went out of Egypt
5: Circumsize the males and keep the Pentateuch
6: the city -> 7 days (Genesis and "7th day") of marching and walls will fall down, "the shout"
- d Combinations of religious ideas and gods
- e Early Jewish writings of a religious nature included in the Septuagint but not included in final rabbinic canon (Tobit, Judith, Additions to Esther, Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach, Baruch, Additions to Daniel, 1-2 Maccabees)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Restatement of the law of Mt. Sinai on the plains of Moab, three addresses from Moses (1:1-6)
- a common way of referring to the Hebrew Bible, derived from the first letters of the Hebrew names of its three sections: Torah (T), Prophets (N), and Writings (K).
- translation of Tanakh from Hebrew to Greek in beginning of 3rd c. B.C.E.
- Matthew Mark and Luke--because they each include many of the same stories, very few differences in sequence
- A mutual agreement between 2 parties to live together under a set of shared expectations (i.e. God & Abraham)
5 True/False questions
Authorship of the Pentateuch → Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, "The Twelve"
Jesus movement → Name given to first followers of Jesus
Decalogue → Jews that rose up in armed rebellion against Rome in 66ce; unsuccessful, and Jewish Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed
ta biblia → Greek term for bible, the books
Individualism → Identity and choices, recognition of personal decisions, importance of the individual