5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ancestral narratives
- a 3-4: Crossing the Jordan in same way they went out of Egypt
5: Circumsize the males and keep the Pentateuch
6: the city -> 7 days (Genesis and "7th day") of marching and walls will fall down, "the shout"
- b Early Jewish writings of a religious nature included in the Septuagint but not included in final rabbinic canon (Tobit, Judith, Additions to Esther, Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach, Baruch, Additions to Daniel, 1-2 Maccabees)
- c Genesis 12-36. Section giving accounts of the ancestors of the Israelite people.
- d Members of the highest order of angels, often pictured with three sets of wings; Isaiah saw them in a vision of God sitting on a throne in the temple. A seraphim placed coal in Isaiah's mouth to cleanse him. Depiction of how powerful God is
- e Part of the world
5 Multiple choice questions
- a common way of referring to the Hebrew Bible, derived from the first letters of the Hebrew names of its three sections: Torah (T), Prophets (N), and Writings (K).
- A mutual agreement between 2 parties to live together under a set of shared expectations (i.e. God & Abraham)
- Jewish revolt and Jerusalem under attack by Roman army
- Matthew Mark and Luke--because they each include many of the same stories, very few differences in sequence
- Jewish upper class, adhered to the Torah, preserved sanctity of the temple, rejected belief in resurrection of the dead; coexisted with the Romans; others hated them for this
5 True/False questions
Jonah 3 → a common way of referring to the Hebrew Bible, derived from the first letters of the Hebrew names of its three sections: Torah (T), Prophets (N), and Writings (K).
Isaiah ben Amoz → 8th-7th century prophet. Very controversial and most quoted book. The holy one of Israel
550 B.C.E → Destruction of the Temple
Ark of the Covenant → A mutual agreement between 2 parties to live together under a set of shared expectations (i.e. God & Abraham)
Latter prophets → prophet on the margins of religious and political power structure:
Jehu and becoming king ->on the margin of religious and political power structure