5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- alcohol fermentation
- citic acid/Krebs cycle
- a loss of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
- b increase in metabolic rate
- c conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol
- d completes breakdown of glucose; 2nd stage of cellular respiration
- e gain of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
5 Multiple choice questions
- blocks passage of H+ through ATP synthase
- electron transport chain PRODUCTS?
- Function: ATP
- cellular respiration REACTANTS?
- Krebs WHERE?
5 True/False questions
aerobic → without oxygen
rotenone → binds tightly with one of the electron carrier molecules in the 1st protein complex, preventing electrons from passinf to the next carrier molecule; often use to kill pest insects and fish
derivative of pyruvate → production of ATP using energy derived from the redox reaction of an electron transport chain
inner mitochondrial membrane → electron transport chain WHERE?
2 ATP, 6 NADH, 2 FADH2, 2 NADH (shuttle), 6 CO2 → cellular respiration PRODUCTS?