5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- substrate-level phosphorylation
- Electron transport chain
- a gas exchange/breathing; the exchange of O2 and CO2 between organism and its environment
- b electron transport chain REACTANTS?
- c binds tightly with one of the electron carrier molecules in the 1st protein complex, preventing electrons from passinf to the next carrier molecule; often use to kill pest insects and fish
- d transports electrons from carriers to make ATP
- e formation of ATP occurring when an enzyme transfers a phosphate group from an organic molecule to ADP
5 Multiple choice questions
- electron transport chain WHERE?
- Krebs WHERE?
- loss of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
- production of ATP using energy derived from the redox reaction of an electron transport chain
- Krebs PRODUCTS?
5 True/False questions
alcohol fermentation → conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol
citic acid/Krebs cycle → the conversion of pyruvate to lactate with no release of CO2
anaerobic → with oxygen
lactic acid fermentation → conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol
cyanide and carbon monoxide → the conversion of pyruvate to lactate with no release of CO2