5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- derivative of pyruvate
- inner mitochondrial membrane
- lactic acid fermentation
- a blocks passage of H+ through ATP synthase
- b the conversion of pyruvate to lactate with no release of CO2
- c Krebs REACTANTS?
- d electron transport chain WHERE?
- e binds tightly with one of the electron carrier molecules in the 1st protein complex, preventing electrons from passinf to the next carrier molecule; often use to kill pest insects and fish
5 Multiple choice questions
- electron transport chain PRODUCTS?
- loss of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
- completes breakdown of glucose; 2nd stage of cellular respiration
- increase in metabolic rate
- with oxygen
5 True/False questions
2 ATP, 6 NADH, 2 FADH2, 2 NADH (shuttle), 6 CO2 → cellular respiration PRODUCTS?
alcohol fermentation → conversion of the acid produced by glycolysis to CO2 and ethyl alcohol
cytoplasm → cellular respiration WHERE?
2 pyruvate, 2 NADH, 2 ATP, 2 H2O → Krebs REACTANTS?
cyanide and carbon monoxide → bind with an electron carrier in the 3rd protein complex, blocking the passage of electrons to oxygen