5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- substrate-level phosphorylation
- Electron transport chain
- lactic acid fermentation
- a the conversion of pyruvate to lactate with no release of CO2
- b binds tightly with one of the electron carrier molecules in the 1st protein complex, preventing electrons from passinf to the next carrier molecule; often use to kill pest insects and fish
- c transports electrons from carriers to make ATP
- d blocks passage of H+ through ATP synthase
- e formation of ATP occurring when an enzyme transfers a phosphate group from an organic molecule to ADP
5 Multiple choice questions
- with oxygen
- bind with an electron carrier in the 3rd protein complex, blocking the passage of electrons to oxygen
- loss of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
- without oxygen
- completes breakdown of glucose; 2nd stage of cellular respiration
5 True/False questions
glucose → cellular respiration REACTANTS?
respiration → gain of electrons from a substance involved in a redox reaction
mitochondrial matrix → Krebs WHERE?
H20, ATP → increase in metabolic rate
glycolysis → cellular respiration REACTANTS?