5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Materials Requirement Planning
- forward scheduling
- PERT Chart
- enterprise resource planning
- ISO Standards
- a computer-based program used for inventory control and production planning. determines which parts will be needed to finish the job and compares these findings to the current inventory and places an order if needed.
- b systems can do the same inventory control and process scheduling that MRP can do, but they can integrate these functions with all the other aspects business that management would like to tie together, such as finance and human resources.
- c program evaluation and review technique. Maps out various steps involved in a project, differentiating tasks that must be completed in a certain order from tasks that have to be completed simultaneously.
- d Worldwide standards of quality for goods and services
- e you start with the date materials are available, then create the most efficient schedule, and then determine a shipping date based on that schedule
5 Multiple choice questions
- groups together similar tasks, and the partially assembled product moves from one station to the next as workers perform a particular step in the production process
- The planning, implementation, and control measures used to convert resources into finished products. (focused on products)
- production of goods or services tailored to meet customers' individual needs cost- effectively
- Consists of managing the activities and processes to produce and distribute goods and services
- availability of public infrastructure services (electricity, water, natural gas, and communications)
5 True/False questions
lean production → the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost
statistical quality control → Continual monitoring of each stage of the entire production process
just-in-time inventory control → system keeps the smallest amount of inventory on hand as possible, and everything else that is needed is ordered so that it arrives just in time to be used. Storing fewer items and using items right away can reduce storage costs.
production layout → description of how resources are to be used to develop a product in a specific way
Computer-Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) → uses the design data to control the machinery used in the manufacturing process