5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- just-in-time inventory control
- Materials Requirement Planning
- production layout
- PERT Chart
- statistical quality control
- a computer-based program used for inventory control and production planning. determines which parts will be needed to finish the job and compares these findings to the current inventory and places an order if needed.
- b system keeps the smallest amount of inventory on hand as possible, and everything else that is needed is ordered so that it arrives just in time to be used. Storing fewer items and using items right away can reduce storage costs.
- c Continual monitoring of each stage of the entire production process
- d program evaluation and review technique. Maps out various steps involved in a project, differentiating tasks that must be completed in a certain order from tasks that have to be completed simultaneously.
- e used mostly for high- volume, standardized products that can be produced in a sequential fashion.
5 Multiple choice questions
- set of principles concerned with reducing waste and improving flow
- create two-dimensional or three-dimensional models of physical parts.
- groups together similar tasks, and the partially assembled product moves from one station to the next as workers perform a particular step in the production process
- systems can do the same inventory control and process scheduling that MRP can do, but they can integrate these functions with all the other aspects business that management would like to tie together, such as finance and human resources.
- combine design and manufacturing functions with other automated functions, such as order taking, shipment, and billing for the complete automation of a manufacturing plant
5 True/False questions
production management → The planning, implementation, and control measures used to convert resources into finished products. (focused on products)
Mass production → the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost
total quality management → Consists of managing the activities and processes to produce and distribute goods and services
mass customization → production of goods or services tailored to meet customers' individual needs cost- effectively
production plan → description of how resources are to be used to develop a product in a specific way