5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- operations management
- Computer-Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
- production management
- Materials Requirement Planning
- statistical quality control
- a Consists of managing the activities and processes to produce and distribute goods and services
- b combine design and manufacturing functions with other automated functions, such as order taking, shipment, and billing for the complete automation of a manufacturing plant
- c Continual monitoring of each stage of the entire production process
- d computer-based program used for inventory control and production planning. determines which parts will be needed to finish the job and compares these findings to the current inventory and places an order if needed.
- e The planning, implementation, and control measures used to convert resources into finished products. (focused on products)
5 Multiple choice questions
- a system in which machines are programmed to process different part types simultaneously— allowing a manufacturer to mass produce customized products
- uses the design data to control the machinery used in the manufacturing process
- Worldwide standards of quality for goods and services
- set of principles concerned with reducing waste and improving flow
- program evaluation and review technique. Maps out various steps involved in a project, differentiating tasks that must be completed in a certain order from tasks that have to be completed simultaneously.
5 True/False questions
mass customization → production of goods or services tailored to meet customers' individual needs cost- effectively
mass customization → the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost
just-in-time inventory control → system keeps the smallest amount of inventory on hand as possible, and everything else that is needed is ordered so that it arrives just in time to be used. Storing fewer items and using items right away can reduce storage costs.
Gantt Chart → program evaluation and review technique. Maps out various steps involved in a project, differentiating tasks that must be completed in a certain order from tasks that have to be completed simultaneously.
forward scheduling → where you are given a shipping or due date and you have to determine the start date and the most efficient schedule based on when everything has to be finished.