5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Materials Requirement Planning
- ISO Standards
- flexible manufacturing system
- operations management
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- a Worldwide standards of quality for goods and services
- b a system in which machines are programmed to process different part types simultaneously— allowing a manufacturer to mass produce customized products
- c create two-dimensional or three-dimensional models of physical parts.
- d Consists of managing the activities and processes to produce and distribute goods and services
- e computer-based program used for inventory control and production planning. determines which parts will be needed to finish the job and compares these findings to the current inventory and places an order if needed.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost
- description of how resources are to be used to develop a product in a specific way
- you start with the date materials are available, then create the most efficient schedule, and then determine a shipping date based on that schedule
- the production of good or services tailored to meet customers' individual needs cost- effectively
- uses the design data to control the machinery used in the manufacturing process
5 True/False questions
lean production → set of principles concerned with reducing waste and improving flow
Gantt Chart → horizontal bar graph used to lay out each task in a project, the order in which these tasks must be completed, and how long each task will take.
Computer-Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) → combine design and manufacturing functions with other automated functions, such as order taking, shipment, and billing for the complete automation of a manufacturing plant
just-in-time inventory control → Continual monitoring of each stage of the entire production process
mass customization → the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost