5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gantt Chart
- production layout
- production plan
- Mass production
- process layout
- a the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost
- b horizontal bar graph used to lay out each task in a project, the order in which these tasks must be completed, and how long each task will take.
- c used mostly for high- volume, standardized products that can be produced in a sequential fashion.
- d description of how resources are to be used to develop a product in a specific way
- e groups together similar tasks, and the partially assembled product moves from one station to the next as workers perform a particular step in the production process
5 Multiple choice questions
- computer-based program used for inventory control and production planning. determines which parts will be needed to finish the job and compares these findings to the current inventory and places an order if needed.
- you start with the date materials are available, then create the most efficient schedule, and then determine a shipping date based on that schedule
- systems can do the same inventory control and process scheduling that MRP can do, but they can integrate these functions with all the other aspects business that management would like to tie together, such as finance and human resources.
- create two-dimensional or three-dimensional models of physical parts.
- uses the design data to control the machinery used in the manufacturing process
5 True/False questions
operations management → Consists of managing the activities and processes to produce and distribute goods and services
Backward scheduling → where you are given a shipping or due date and you have to determine the start date and the most efficient schedule based on when everything has to be finished.
mass customization → the production of good or services tailored to meet customers' individual needs cost- effectively
lean production → the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost
utility supply → availability of public infrastructure services (electricity, water, natural gas, and communications)