5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- mass customization
- Computer-Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
- operations management
- production layout
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- a production of goods or services tailored to meet customers' individual needs cost- effectively
- b combine design and manufacturing functions with other automated functions, such as order taking, shipment, and billing for the complete automation of a manufacturing plant
- c Consists of managing the activities and processes to produce and distribute goods and services
- d used mostly for high- volume, standardized products that can be produced in a sequential fashion.
- e create two-dimensional or three-dimensional models of physical parts.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Worldwide standards of quality for goods and services
- program evaluation and review technique. Maps out various steps involved in a project, differentiating tasks that must be completed in a certain order from tasks that have to be completed simultaneously.
- Continual monitoring of each stage of the entire production process
- groups together similar tasks, and the partially assembled product moves from one station to the next as workers perform a particular step in the production process
- a system in which machines are programmed to process different part types simultaneously— allowing a manufacturer to mass produce customized products
5 True/False questions
Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) → combine design and manufacturing functions with other automated functions, such as order taking, shipment, and billing for the complete automation of a manufacturing plant
Materials Requirement Planning → computer-based program used for inventory control and production planning. determines which parts will be needed to finish the job and compares these findings to the current inventory and places an order if needed.
Backward scheduling → where you are given a shipping or due date and you have to determine the start date and the most efficient schedule based on when everything has to be finished.
Gantt Chart → horizontal bar graph used to lay out each task in a project, the order in which these tasks must be completed, and how long each task will take.
Mass production → the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost