5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- lean production
- Mass production
- utility supply
- operations management
- flexible manufacturing system
- a Consists of managing the activities and processes to produce and distribute goods and services
- b availability of public infrastructure services (electricity, water, natural gas, and communications)
- c set of principles concerned with reducing waste and improving flow
- d the method of producing large quantities of goods at a low cost
- e a system in which machines are programmed to process different part types simultaneously— allowing a manufacturer to mass produce customized products
5 Multiple choice questions
- combine design and manufacturing functions with other automated functions, such as order taking, shipment, and billing for the complete automation of a manufacturing plant
- horizontal bar graph used to lay out each task in a project, the order in which these tasks must be completed, and how long each task will take.
- description of how resources are to be used to develop a product in a specific way
- create two-dimensional or three-dimensional models of physical parts.
- where you are given a shipping or due date and you have to determine the start date and the most efficient schedule based on when everything has to be finished.
5 True/False questions
statistical quality control → Continual monitoring of each stage of the entire production process
production layout → used mostly for high- volume, standardized products that can be produced in a sequential fashion.
enterprise resource planning → systems can do the same inventory control and process scheduling that MRP can do, but they can integrate these functions with all the other aspects business that management would like to tie together, such as finance and human resources.
Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) → uses the design data to control the machinery used in the manufacturing process
PERT Chart → horizontal bar graph used to lay out each task in a project, the order in which these tasks must be completed, and how long each task will take.