5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why did the merchants of Mecca dislike Muhammad?
- What was the Kaaba and what happened to it?
- Why did the Muslims treat the Hindus poorly?
- a 1. Hindus were polytheistic and would not accept Allah
2. Hindus worshipped idols which was against Islam
3. Hindus had a caste system in their society which the Muslims disliked because they believed all Muslims were equal
- b Holy month when Muslims are expected to fast from sun up to sun down as part of Pillars of Islam
- c Holy wars launched by Christians to retake the Holy Land from the Muslims
- d Because he was preaching that their were no nature gods and so the merchants would lose a lot of money if people stopped coming to Mecca to worship at the shrine of the nature gods - the Kaaba
- e The Kaaba was a shrine originally that held a black stone of the nature gods but became a holy site for the Muslims when Muhammad smashed to stone that was held there
5 Multiple choice questions
- Belief in many gods
- They were hired as a military for the Abbasids when the people started to rebel against their rule since they had grown greedy and corrupt and the Turks eventually decided since they were the real power in the Empire, that they would take over and rule it themselves
- The teachings of Muhammad
- The Mongols attacked and weakened them to allow for the Ottoman Turks to move in and take over
- Means "successor of the prophet"; the leaders of Islam after Muhammad
5 True/False questions
Suttee → Hindu practice when a woman throws herself on her husband's burning body to kill herself
Khadija → Muhammad's wife who fell in love with him when he managed her caravan route
Gabriel → Means "successor of the prophet"; the leaders of Islam after Muhammad
Sultan → Means "ruler"; title taken by the Seljuk Turks when they ruled the Muslim Empire
Jihad → Holy war