5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are 2 reasons that the US senate rejected the annexation of Texas?
- Compromise of 1850 who came up with teh plan?
- May 8-9 general Taylor wins 2 battles against advancing Mexican soilders @
- Pop. in TX in 1850, and 1860?
- The Texas Rangers were givn this fearce name?
- a Settle the border conflict federal government paid $10 million to give up its claims- Senator Heney Clay
- b Palo Alto/ Resaca de la palma
- c 212,592 604,215
- d Sparking war with Mexico, Adding another slave state to the union.
- e `Los Diablos Tejanos
5 Multiple choice questions
- May 13, 1846
- Mirabeau B. Lamar
- Anson Jones
- 1)Governor 2) Comander 3) President 4)Senitor
5 True/False questions
Terms of Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo? → Mirabeau B. Lamar
After fighting other US forces took controal of Cali and parts of ___ ______ → Calorado
Who became the 1st govenor of Texas in 1846? → James Pickney Henderson
TX claimed its boundary on what river? Mexico claimed its boundary on what river? → Rio Grande, Nueces River
TX gave up its claims to 67 million acres of land in present-day______. → New Mexico