5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- May 8-9 general Taylor wins 2 battles against advancing Mexican soilders @
- Seperation of powers/ checks and balances are in place to ensure each branch of government is-
- Where was teh relocation of the indians living on the brazos& Comanche indian reservation to?
- The Texas Rangers were givn this fearce name?
- Terms of Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo?
- a Regognixe the annex of TX Us agrees to cover $3.25 millon in claim Mexico agreed to ceede 529,00 sq minles north of the US for $15 millon
- b Oklahoma
- c Equal
- d Palo Alto/ Resaca de la palma
- e `Los Diablos Tejanos
5 Multiple choice questions
- Settle the border conflict federal government paid $10 million to give up its claims- Senator Heney Clay
- Anson Jones
- Mirabeau B. Lamar
- Texas Admission act
5 True/False questions
Congress declares war with Mexico on____ → Mirabeau B. Lamar
TX claimed its boundary on what river? Mexico claimed its boundary on what river? → Sept. 14. 1847
What are 2 reasons that the US senate rejected the annexation of Texas? → Anson Jones
Reservations → Limited area of land reserved for american indians
Pop. in TX in 1850, and 1860? → the belief of western expansion for the good of the country. People who believed this thought the U.S should stretch from te Aylantic to the Pacific Ocean.