5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- After fighting other US forces took controal of Cali and parts of ___ ______
- Compromise of 1850 who came up with teh plan?
- May 8-9 general Taylor wins 2 battles against advancing Mexican soilders @
- TX gave up its claims to 67 million acres of land in present-day______.
- Who became the 1st govenor of Texas in 1846?
- a Settle the border conflict federal government paid $10 million to give up its claims- Senator Heney Clay
- b New Mexico
- c Palo Alto/ Resaca de la palma
- d James Pickney Henderson
- e Calorado
5 Multiple choice questions
- Limited area of land reserved for american indians
- the belief of western expansion for the good of the country. People who believed this thought the U.S should stretch from te Aylantic to the Pacific Ocean.
- 1)Governor 2) Comander 3) President 4)Senitor
- May 13, 1846
5 True/False questions
Terms of Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo? → Mirabeau B. Lamar
TX claimed its boundary on what river? Mexico claimed its boundary on what river? → Rio Grande, Nueces River
What are 2 reasons that the US senate rejected the annexation of Texas? → Sparking war with Mexico, Adding another slave state to the union.
3 Indinan reservation still left today? → Limited area of land reserved for american indians
General Winfield captured mexico city on? → May 13, 1846