5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Fourth Crusade
- Weapon Results
- Where we're most of the Children of the Childrens Crusade from?
- Political Results
- What appended to the Crusaders who attacked Zadar?
- a Main players: Pope Innocent III, French knights. In 1204 the Crusaders attacked Constantiniple. The city stayed under Western control for 60 years but was regained by the Byzantines. The Turks took Constantinople in 1453.
- b The Europeans learned New ways to wage war. They could undermine walls, learned about catapults, and learned about gunpowder from the Muslims and Byzantines
- c they were excommunicated by Inncocent because Zadar was a Christian city
- d France and Germany
- e The power of the European kings got stronger because since a lot of knights died, the kings took their land and therefore, directly owned more of the kingdom. This helped bring an end to feudalism. The Christian Church also became stronger because the Popes took on more Importance
5 Multiple choice questions
- Italian cities became major trading centers. Since Italian ships carried Crusaders, they returned to Italy with food from Asia.
- Richard remained in the Holy Land but couldn't capture Jerusalem. He made a truce with Saladin
- Muslim people from Central Asia, gained control of Palestine, threatened Constantinople and the Byzantine Empire
- If they didn't die on the way there, some were sent home by the Pope. Others made it to Southern France and were tricked into boarding ships where they were sold into slavery
5 True/False questions
How did Barbarossa die? → Drowned on the way to the Holy Land and his army turned back
What did the truce between Saladin and Richard I allow? → The Crusaders could control some towns along the Palestinian coast and Christians could enter Jerusalem freely
What did the Europeans use the most as a weapon? → ThBecause Zadar was a rival port to the Venetians who persuaded the Crusaders to attack it. They succeeded.
Cruciata → A series of military expeditions to regain the
The Second Crusade → By 1146, the Turks started to gain back land little by little and the 2nd Crusade started in 1147. King Louis VII and Conrad III led armies across Europe but failed to recapture Damascus and returned to Europe in 1149