5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Idea Results
- Pope Urban II
- Trade Results
- What were some problems with the Children's Crusade?
- First Crusade
- a The children had no training, equipment, or supplies
- b Called the Crusades in Clermont, France
- c The Westerners gained knowledge from the Byzantines and the Muslims. These ideas helped to enrich European culture.
- d Italian cities became major trading centers. Since Italian ships carried Crusaders, they returned to Italy with food from Asia.
- e 1096-1099; French and Italian Lords; captured Antioch and Jerusalem; killed all of the Jews and Muslims
5 Multiple choice questions
- ThBecause Zadar was a rival port to the Venetians who persuaded the Crusaders to attack it. They succeeded.
- Europeans gained much of the Holy Land; they set up feudalism; the Christians and Muslims lived alongside eachother
- France and Germany
- In 1187, the Muslim Leader Saladin regained Jerusalem. Main players: Barbarossa, Phillip II, and King Richard I. Lasted from 1189-1192.
- Muslim people from Central Asia, gained control of Palestine, threatened Constantinople and the Byzantine Empire
5 True/False questions
What appended to the Crusaders who attacked Zadar? → ThBecause Zadar was a rival port to the Venetians who persuaded the Crusaders to attack it. They succeeded.
The Second Crusade → By 1146, the Turks started to gain back land little by little and the 2nd Crusade started in 1147. King Louis VII and Conrad III led armies across Europe but failed to recapture Damascus and returned to Europe in 1149
Until what year did the Crusades continue? → 1291
What did the Europeans use the most as a weapon? → The crossbow
What did Phillip II do after the Crusade? → After quarreling with Richard, he went back to England and seized parts of France