5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The only successful crusade
- When did the Childrens Crusade take place?
- How did the Crusades end?
- Results of the First crusade
- a Marked with a cross
- b The Muslims captured the city of Acre which was the last Christian city in the Holy Land
- c Europeans gained much of the Holy Land; they set up feudalism; the Christians and Muslims lived alongside eachother
- d 1212
- e The first
5 Multiple choice questions
- The power of the European kings got stronger because since a lot of knights died, the kings took their land and therefore, directly owned more of the kingdom. This helped bring an end to feudalism. The Christian Church also became stronger because the Popes took on more Importance
- Save their souls and go straight to heaven; gain land and wealth in Palestine and Asia
- Italian cities became major trading centers. Since Italian ships carried Crusaders, they returned to Italy with food from Asia.
- After quarreling with Richard, he went back to England and seized parts of France
5 True/False questions
What happened to the children of the children's crusade? → If they didn't die on the way there, some were sent home by the Pope. Others made it to Southern France and were tricked into boarding ships where they were sold into slavery
Why did the Venetians want to attack Zadar? → ThBecause Zadar was a rival port to the Venetians who persuaded the Crusaders to attack it. They succeeded.
The Third Crusade → By 1146, the Turks started to gain back land little by little and the 2nd Crusade started in 1147. King Louis VII and Conrad III led armies across Europe but failed to recapture Damascus and returned to Europe in 1149
What appended to the Crusaders who attacked Zadar? → ThBecause Zadar was a rival port to the Venetians who persuaded the Crusaders to attack it. They succeeded.
What were some problems with the Children's Crusade? → The children had no training, equipment, or supplies