5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did the Europeans use the most as a weapon?
- Idea Results
- When did the Childrens Crusade take place?
- The only successful crusade
- First Crusade
- a The crossbow
- b The Westerners gained knowledge from the Byzantines and the Muslims. These ideas helped to enrich European culture.
- c The first
- d 1212
- e 1096-1099; French and Italian Lords; captured Antioch and Jerusalem; killed all of the Jews and Muslims
5 Multiple choice questions
- France and Germany
- By 1146, the Turks started to gain back land little by little and the 2nd Crusade started in 1147. King Louis VII and Conrad III led armies across Europe but failed to recapture Damascus and returned to Europe in 1149
- The children had no training, equipment, or supplies
- Europeans gained much of the Holy Land; they set up feudalism; the Christians and Muslims lived alongside eachother
- If they didn't die on the way there, some were sent home by the Pope. Others made it to Southern France and were tricked into boarding ships where they were sold into slavery
5 True/False questions
Cruciata → Marked with a cross
What did the truce between Saladin and Richard I allow? → The Crusaders could control some towns along the Palestinian coast and Christians could enter Jerusalem freely
What did Richard I do after the Crusade? → Richard remained in the Holy Land but couldn't capture Jerusalem. He made a truce with Saladin
Until what year did the Crusades continue? → 1291
Political Results → The power of the European kings got stronger because since a lot of knights died, the kings took their land and therefore, directly owned more of the kingdom. This helped bring an end to feudalism. The Christian Church also became stronger because the Popes took on more Importance