5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Third Crusade
- What did the Europeans use the most as a weapon?
- Why did the Venetians want to attack Zadar?
- Pope Urban II
- Trade Results
- a The crossbow
- b In 1187, the Muslim Leader Saladin regained Jerusalem. Main players: Barbarossa, Phillip II, and King Richard I. Lasted from 1189-1192.
- c Italian cities became major trading centers. Since Italian ships carried Crusaders, they returned to Italy with food from Asia.
- d ThBecause Zadar was a rival port to the Venetians who persuaded the Crusaders to attack it. They succeeded.
- e Called the Crusades in Clermont, France
5 Multiple choice questions
- Save their souls and go straight to heaven; gain land and wealth in Palestine and Asia
- The Crusaders could control some towns along the Palestinian coast and Christians could enter Jerusalem freely
- Europeans gained much of the Holy Land; they set up feudalism; the Christians and Muslims lived alongside eachother
- Muslim people from Central Asia, gained control of Palestine, threatened Constantinople and the Byzantine Empire
- The children had no training, equipment, or supplies
5 True/False questions
How did the Crusades end? → Drowned on the way to the Holy Land and his army turned back
What appended to the Crusaders who attacked Zadar? → they were excommunicated by Inncocent because Zadar was a Christian city
What did Phillip II do after the Crusade? → After quarreling with Richard, he went back to England and seized parts of France
How did Barbarossa die? → Drowned on the way to the Holy Land and his army turned back
Weapon Results → The Europeans learned New ways to wage war. They could undermine walls, learned about catapults, and learned about gunpowder from the Muslims and Byzantines