5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Seljuq Turks
- How did the Crusades end?
- What were some problems with the Children's Crusade?
- Results of the First crusade
- a Europeans gained much of the Holy Land; they set up feudalism; the Christians and Muslims lived alongside eachother
- b A series of military expeditions to regain the
- c The Muslims captured the city of Acre which was the last Christian city in the Holy Land
- d The children had no training, equipment, or supplies
- e Muslim people from Central Asia, gained control of Palestine, threatened Constantinople and the Byzantine Empire
5 Multiple choice questions
- ThBecause Zadar was a rival port to the Venetians who persuaded the Crusaders to attack it. They succeeded.
- Drowned on the way to the Holy Land and his army turned back
- 1096-1099; French and Italian Lords; captured Antioch and Jerusalem; killed all of the Jews and Muslims
- Marked with a cross
5 True/False questions
Political Results → The Westerners gained knowledge from the Byzantines and the Muslims. These ideas helped to enrich European culture.
Reasons to join the Crusades → Save their souls and go straight to heaven; gain land and wealth in Palestine and Asia
The Third Crusade → Main players: Pope Innocent III, French knights. In 1204 the Crusaders attacked Constantiniple. The city stayed under Western control for 60 years but was regained by the Byzantines. The Turks took Constantinople in 1453.
What did Phillip II do after the Crusade? → After quarreling with Richard, he went back to England and seized parts of France
The only successful crusade → By 1146, the Turks started to gain back land little by little and the 2nd Crusade started in 1147. King Louis VII and Conrad III led armies across Europe but failed to recapture Damascus and returned to Europe in 1149