7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The amount of matter in a certain volume. Water is more dense than air; and therefore, it exerts more pressure.
- The upward force that fluids exert on all matter. Buoyant Force is caused by differences in fluid pressure.
- Because pressure increases with depth, the pressure on the bottom of the object is greater that n the pressure on the top. Therefore, there is a net upward force on the object.
- All fluids exert pressure. Pressure is created by the particles in a fluid pushing against each other and the sides of whatever container they are in. Fluids exert pressure equally in all directions.
- This comes from air resistance.
- This comes from the air lifting the plane.
6 True/False questions
Plane's and their pressure → The wing shape on a plane os what causes different speed of air, which affects pressure. The air that foes over the wing must travel faster than the wing to meet up at the end. This creates less pressure above the wing compared to below which creates lift.
Pressure → Pressure only depends on the depth of the fluid, not the total amount present.
Atmospheric pressure → An amount of force exerted on a given area.
Fluid behavior → Why does liquid travel up a straw when you drink from it? Because as pressure decreases the water pressure increases.
Pressure → This= Force divided by Area. Square meter/ n divided by meter2
Thrust → Moving forwards comes from the engine.