7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Why does liquid travel up a straw when you drink from it? Because as pressure decreases the water pressure increases.
- The buoyant force on an object in a fluid is an upward force equal to the weight of the volume of the fluid that the object displace- displace means " take the place of"
- The upward force that fluids exert on all matter. Buoyant Force is caused by differences in fluid pressure.
- Force divided by pressure= Area.
- Moving forwards comes from the engine.
- This comes from air resistance.
6 True/False questions
Pressure → The amount of matter in a certain volume. Water is more dense than air; and therefore, it exerts more pressure.
Lift → This comes from the air lifting the plane.
Plane's and their pressure → Pressure caused by the weight of the atmosphere. Earth's atmosphere is held in place by gravity. Although we don't feel this pressure because the fluids in our body exert an equal outward pressure. The closer you are to Earth's surface you are, the greater the pressure because you are "deep" in the atmosphere.
Density → The amount of matter in a certain volume. Water is more dense than air; and therefore, it exerts more pressure.
Atmospheric pressure → Pressure only depends on the depth of the fluid, not the total amount present.
Pressure → Because pressure increases with depth, the pressure on the bottom of the object is greater that n the pressure on the top. Therefore, there is a net upward force on the object.