7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- This comes from the air lifting the plane.
- Pressure caused by the weight of the atmosphere. Earth's atmosphere is held in place by gravity. Although we don't feel this pressure because the fluids in our body exert an equal outward pressure. The closer you are to Earth's surface you are, the greater the pressure because you are "deep" in the atmosphere.
- As the speed of a moving fluid increases, its pressure decreases. A frisbee works like this, and a boomerang to.
- The buoyant force on an object in a fluid is an upward force equal to the weight of the volume of the fluid that the object displace- displace means " take the place of"
- The wing shape on a plane os what causes different speed of air, which affects pressure. The air that foes over the wing must travel faster than the wing to meet up at the end. This creates less pressure above the wing compared to below which creates lift.
- The upward force that fluids exert on all matter. Buoyant Force is caused by differences in fluid pressure.
6 True/False questions
Pressure → Because pressure increases with depth, the pressure on the bottom of the object is greater that n the pressure on the top. Therefore, there is a net upward force on the object.
Pascal's principle → As the speed of a moving fluid increases, its pressure decreases. A frisbee works like this, and a boomerang to.
Pascal → This comes from air resistance.
Fluid behavior → Why does liquid travel up a straw when you drink from it? Because as pressure decreases the water pressure increases.
Force, Pressure, and Area → Force divided by pressure= Area.
Drag → This comes from air resistance.