5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Final Solution
- Bracero Program
- Pearl Harbor
- Ho Chi Minh
- a the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
- b Vietnamese communist statesman who fought the Japanese in World War II and the French until 1954 and South vietnam until 1975 (1890-1969)
- c United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan, bringing the United States into World War II. Pearl Harbor was attacked on December 7, 1941.
- d United States labor agents recruited thousands of farm and railroad workers from Mexico. The program stimulated emigration for Mexico.
- e German lightning warfare. Characterized by highly mobility and concentrated forces at point of attack.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The commander of the U.S. Air Force's 21st Bomber Command in the Pacific theater during World War II. LeMay is best known for developing the U.S. strategy of using massive incendiary bomb attacks on Japanese cities in order to break the Japanese will near the end of the war.
- "Phony War" with Hitler in 1939-1940 where Hitler prepared for his attack
- The migration of thousands of African-Americans from the South to the North. African Americans were looking to escape the problems of racism in the South and felt they could seek out better jobs and an overall better life in the North.
- Night of Broken Glass, Nov 9 1938 night when the Nazis killed or injured many jews & destroyed many jewish propertys
- after his speech announcing the trman doctrine the president established this to screen all federal employees.
5 True/False questions
Suez Crisis → July 26, 1956, Nasser (leader of Egypt) nationalized the Suez Canal, Oct. 29, British, French and Israeli forces attacked Egypt. UN forced British to withdraw; made it clear Britain was no longer a world power
CIA → naval battle of World War II (June 1942)
Tet Offensive → allows America to sell, lend, or lease arms or other war supplies to any nation considered "vital to the defense of the U.S."
A. Philip Randolph → Spanish general whose armies took control of Spain in 1939 and who ruled as a dictator until his death (1892-1975)
Double V campaign → LBJ's vice president and McCarthy's opposition in 1968 primary after LBJ stepped down. won nomination; not presidency.