5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nguyen Van Thieu
- Long Telegram
- James Doolittle
- Dean Acheson
- Ngo Dinh Diem
- a South Vietnamese president that was catholic and strongly opposed communism. His poor leadership and corrupt government spelled doom
- b Commanded the mission that dropped the first U.S. bombs on japan
- c United States statesman who promoted the Marshall Plan and helped establish NATO (1893-1971)
- d a telegram sent from George Kennan to the USSR outlining the policy of containment
- e He was a military commander and the president of South Vietnam. He was a corrupt as the leader of South Vietnam.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Russian founder of the Bolsheviks and leader of the Russian Revolution and first head of the USSR (1870-1924)
- The incident when an American spy plane was shot down over the Soviet Union. The U.S. denied the true purpose of the plane at first, but was forced to when the U.S.S.R. produced the living pilot and the largely intact plane to validate their claim of being spied on aerially. The incident worsened East-West relations during the Cold War and was a great embarrassment for the United States.
- The gap between the Johnson Administration and the American public support
- Incident in 1964 that President Johnson used to justify increased U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War. Claim was that two U.S. ships had been attacked.
- Famous American General who fought in North Africa and Europe.
5 True/False questions
Ho Chi Minh → Vietnamese communist statesman who fought the Japanese in World War II and the French until 1954 and South vietnam until 1975 (1890-1969)
Nuremberg Laws → established legal basis in Nazi Germany for discrimination against Jews.
Neville Chamberlain → British statesman who as Prime Minister pursued a policy of appeasement toward fascist Germany (1869-1940)
Lend-Lease → allows America to sell, lend, or lease arms or other war supplies to any nation considered "vital to the defense of the U.S."
Mein Kampf → 'My Struggle' by hitler, later became the basic book of nazi goals and ideology, reflected obsession