5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- George Patton
- James Doolittle
- Selective Service and Training Act
- Cold War
- America First Committee
- a Famous American General who fought in North Africa and Europe.
- b 1940 law requiring all males aged 21 to 36 to register for military service
- c A conflict that was between the US and the Soviet Union. The nations never directly confronted eachother on the battlefield but deadly threats went on for years.
- d A committee organized by isolationists before WWII, who wished to spare American lives. They wanted to protect America before we went to war in another country. Charles A. Lindbergh (the aviator) was its most effective speaker.
- e Commanded the mission that dropped the first U.S. bombs on japan
5 Multiple choice questions
- emperor of Vietnam who headed the Republic of Vietnam, formed by the French to combat the communist Vietminh
- an international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security
- the policy of pushing a dangerous situation to the brink of disaster (to the limits of safety)
- LBJ's vice president and McCarthy's opposition in 1968 primary after LBJ stepped down. won nomination; not presidency.
- Satisfying the demands of dissatisfied powers in an effort to maintain peace and stability.
5 True/False questions
Suez Crisis → china threaten to sieze 2 islands from nationalists taiwan was communist barrier eisenhower threaten to use nuclear forces against china -china backed down
Containment → a policy of creating strategic alliances in order to check the expansion of a hostile power or ideology or to force it to negotiate pecefully
Vietnamization → President Richard Nixons strategy for ending U.S involvement in the vietnam war, involving a gradual withdrawl of American troops and replacement of them with South Vietnamese forces
Luftwaffe → the German airforce
Manhattan Project → code name for the secret United States project set up in 1942 to develop atomic bombs for use in World War II