5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chiang Kai-shek
- United Nations
- Charles DeGaulle
- Double V campaign
- a an organization of independent states formed in 1945 to promote international peace and security
- b German lightning warfare. Characterized by highly mobility and concentrated forces at point of attack.
- c French General who Led the French resistance. Organized the Free French military forces that battled the Nazis until France was liberated in 1944.
- d The World War II-era effort of black Americans to gain "a Victory over racism at home as well as Victory abroad."
- e General and leader of Nationalist China after 1925. Although he succeeded Sun Yat-sen as head of the Guomindang, he became a military dictator whose major goal was to crush the communist movement led by Mao Zedong. (p. 788)
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Democratic candidate who ran against Eisenhower in 1952. His intellectual speeches earned him and his supporters the term "eggheads". Lost to Eisenhower.
- He was an American diplomat and ambassador best known as "the father of containment" and as a key figure in the emergence of the Cold War.
- Soviet statesman and premier who denounced stalin (1894-1971)
- 1940 - U.S. agreed to "lend" its older destroyers to Great Britain. (Destroyers were major warships that made up the bulk of most countries' navies.) Signaled the end of U.S. neutrality in the war.
- This general took MacArthur's place in the Korean War and was able to hold half of the peninsula from the onslaught on Chinese troops. Burke named his kid after him
5 True/False questions
Project Verona → This man became the leader of the Chinese Communist Party and remained its leader until his death. He declared the founding of the People's Republic of China in 1949 and supported the Chinese peasantry throughout his life.
Danzig → a port city of northern Poland near the mouth of the Vistula River on a gulf of the Baltic Sea
Bracero Program → Us crylographers who craked soveiet spy code to read letters about spying in the US.
Vladimir Lenin → Russian founder of the Bolsheviks and leader of the Russian Revolution and first head of the USSR (1870-1924)
Coral Sea → A conflict that was between the US and the Soviet Union. The nations never directly confronted eachother on the battlefield but deadly threats went on for years.