The following events are associated with muscle contraction. Which one of the following best describes the order in which these events occur, following the initiation of a contraction by a nerve impulse?
1. T tubules transmit electrical impulses throughout the muscle cell.
2. Myosin contacts actin and pulls it toward the center of the sarcomere.
3. Acetylcholine binds to receptors on the muscle.
4. Troponin-tropomyosin complex shifts to expose myosin binding sites.
5. Calcium is released from the sarcoplasmic reticulum.
a) 3, 4, 5, 1, 2
b) 3, 5, 1, 4, 2
c) 3, 1, 5, 4, 2
d) 4, 2, 1, 3, 5
e) 3, 5, 1, 2, 4
Which one of the following is the correct classification of vertebrae, from the skull to the pelvis?
a) sacral, coccygeal, lumbar, thoracic, cervical
b) cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral, coccygeal
c) coccygeal, thoracic, lumbar, cervical, sacral
d) cervical, thoracic, lumbar, coccygeal, sacral
e) coccygeal, thoracic, lumbar, sacral, cervical
12th EditionElaine N. Marieb, Suzanne M. Keller 12th EditionAnn Senisi Scott, Elizabeth Fong 11th EditionDavid N. Shier, Jackie L. Butler, Ricki Lewis, Terry R. Martin 2nd EditionKent Pryor, Richard Allan, Tracey Greenwood