5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- asceptic technique
- a living things arise only from others of their same kind.
- b feeds self on own, capable of photosynthesis.
- c simple cells that single celled organism, were the dominant inhabitants on earth for almost 2 billion years.
- d methods of handling microbial cultures and other microbes to prevent infection of the handler and others who may be exposed.
- e involves the breakdown of dead matters and wastes into simple compounds that can be directed back into the natural cycles of living things.
5 Multiple choice questions
- area of biotechnology that manipulates the genetics of microbes, plants and animals for the purpose of creating new products and genetically modified organisms.
- type of cells that contain nucleus, can be either unicellular or multicellular..
- any agent that causes disease. (virus, bacteria, fungi, protozoa, or helminth)
- general approach taken by scientists to explain a certain natural phenomenon. (recognize, formulate, observe, experiment, formulate, test hypothesis)
- spontaneous generation.
5 True/False questions
hosts → organism in which smaller organisms or viruses live, feed and reproduce.
theory → collection of statements, propositions, or concepts that explains or accounts for a natural event.
phycology → study of fungi.
C, H, O, N, S and P → any agent that causes disease. (virus, bacteria, fungi, protozoa, or helminth)
bacteria, algae, protozoa, fungi, parasitic worms(helminths), viruses → major groups of microorganisms