5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- deductive approach
- a feeds self on own, capable of photosynthesis.
- b constructs hypothesis, tests its validity, and performs experiments to test for those events.
- c completely free of all life forms including spores, and viruses.
- d spontaneous generation.
- e involves the breakdown of dead matters and wastes into simple compounds that can be directed back into the natural cycles of living things.
5 Multiple choice questions
- major groups of microorganisms
- tentative explanation of what has been observed or measured. (primary aim of scientific method)
- microbes that are harbored and nourished in the bodies of larger organisms.
- dominant organisms found on earth, found in almost every habitat on earth. (ubiquitous)
- simple cells that single celled organism, were the dominant inhabitants on earth for almost 2 billion years.
5 True/False questions
scientific method → general approach taken by scientists to explain a certain natural phenomenon. (recognize, formulate, observe, experiment, formulate, test hypothesis)
microbiology → study of fungi.
heterotrophic → feeds self with food made by others.
Monerans, Plants, Fungi, Animals, Protists → 5 Kingdoms
prokaryotes → type of cells that contain nucleus, can be either unicellular or multicellular..