5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Maggie Kuhn
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC)
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Stokely Carmichael
- a militant leader who argued that African Americans should fight back if attacked. Carmichael and others developed a new approach called "Black Power".
- b to violate
- c forced to retire at 65; organized Gray Panthers against age discrimination and protested in D.C.
- d organization coordinated nonviolent civil rights protests across south
- e influential civil rights leader, assasinated in 1968
5 Multiple choice questions
- separation, especially race
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- 1954 case in which Supreme Court ruled that "separate but equal" education for black and white students was unconstitutional
- to open to people of all races or ethnic groups
- the first African American student to enroll in University of Mississippi by order of a federal court
5 True/False questions
Jim Crow Laws → laws meant to enforce separations of white and black people in the south
sit-in → protest in which people sit in a place and refuse to move until their demands are met
Plessy vs. Ferguson → 36th President of the United States.He was sworn in as President on the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
freedom rides → protests against segregation on interstate busing in south
Montgomery Bus Boycott → 1965 law banning literacy tests and other laws that kept blacks from registering to vote