5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Brown vs. Board of Education of Topeka
- Montgomery Bus Boycott
- Lyndon Johnson
- Maggie Kuhn
- Earl Warren
- a 36th President of the United States.He was sworn in as President on the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
- b forced to retire at 65; organized Gray Panthers against age discrimination and protested in D.C.
- c 1954 case in which Supreme Court ruled that "separate but equal" education for black and white students was unconstitutional
- d 1955 protest action to end segregation on busses in Montgomery, Alabama
- e 1953- Chief Justice appointed by Eisenhower; more liberal than expected
5 Multiple choice questions
- organization coordinated nonviolent civil rights protests across south
- separation, especially race
- A form of protest in which people sit and refuse to leave
- influential civil rights leader, assasinated in 1968
- the first African American student to enroll in University of Mississippi by order of a federal court
5 True/False questions
infringe → A form of protest in which people sit and refuse to leave
Voting Rights Act → rights granted to all citizens
Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) → refusal to obey laws considered to be unjust
integrate → to open to people of all races or ethnic groups
Thurgood Marshall → militant leader who argued that African Americans should fight back if attacked. Carmichael and others developed a new approach called "Black Power".