5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Executive Branch
- Amendment 4
- Checks and Balances
- Powers of Congress
- a search and seizure/police must have a warrant and a probable cause.
- b carries out/enforces the law
- c raise taxes, declare war, coin money, issue patents
- d a change to the Constitution, there have been 27 of them, passed by 2/3 of Congress,
ratified by ¾ of states.
- e keeps all 3 branches equal Examples: Senate must approve presidential appointments, the President can veto laws passed by Congress, Supreme Court can declare laws unconstitutional
5 Multiple choice questions
- Makes laws, two houses: House of Representatives & Senate
- Congress can make laws that are necessary and proper
- Prohibition, alcohol not allowed in U.S.
- Prohibition repealed
- veto laws, appoint judges, make treaties, Commander in Chief
5 True/False questions
Amendment 19 → Prohibition, alcohol not allowed in U.S.
Vice President → President of the Senate, only votes to break a tie, takes over presidency if president is unable to serve a full term
House of Representatives → 2 year term, must be 25 and a citizen for at least 7 years
Amendment 2 → 18 to vote
Amendment 14 → citizen if born in the U.S., Bill of Rights applies to states