5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it)
- The exact position of a place on the earth's surface.
- (vernacular) is a place that people believe exists as a part of their cultural identity. Such regions emerge from peoples informal sense of place rather than from scientific models developed through geographic thought. (Often identified using a mental map- which is an internal representation of a portion of Earths surface)
- A set of computer tools used to capture, store, transform, analyze, and display geographic data.
- graphical representation (in polar or cartesian coordinates) of the spatial distribution of radiation from an antenna as a function of angle
4 True/False questions
Remote Sensing → The acquisition of data about Earth's surface from a satellite orbiting the planet or other long-distance methods.
Mental Map → An internal representation of a portion of Earth's surface based on what an individual knows about a place, containing personal impressions of what is in a place and where places are located.
Formal Region → area within which everyone shares in common one or mare distinctive characteristics. The shared feature could be a cultural value such as a common language, or an environmental climate.
Functional (nodal) Region → (nodal) Area organized around a node or focal point. The characteristic chosen to define this kind of region dominates at a central focus or node and diminishes in importance outward. This region is tied to the central point by transportation or communication systems or by economic or functional associations.