Create an account
John Brown's raid
- began when he and his men took overarsenal in Harpers Ferry, Virginia
- in this raid he was hoping to start a slave rebellion
John C. Breckinridge
- he was the vice president of Kentucky
- Breckinridge supported slavery in the territories
Constitutional Union Party
- recognized " no political principles other than the Constitution of the country, the Union of the states, and the enforcement of the laws."
- these members of this party met in Baltimore, Maryland
- he was selected candidate for the Constitutional Union Party
- he opposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act in 1854
- was a slaveholder
- formally withdrawing from the Union
- Carolina's legislature wanted a special convention and delegates choose secession
Confederate States of America
- this form was also called the Confederacy
- Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas signed this form
- elected by delegates from seceded states as president of Confederacy
- he hoped to be commanding general of Mississippi's troops
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together