5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the very first white owned slave plantations worked by africans was set up in the americas in
- ibn al-haytham
- what specific advantage did the europeans have over non-europeans in arriving at the americas first?
- a Chanakya
- b muslim mathematician who produced a book called Optics which revolutionized ideas about vision. he showed that people see objects because rays pass from the objects to the eyes, not vice versa
- c locational advantage of being closest to the americas geographically
- d brazil in the 16th century growing sugar
- e Persian scientist, mathematician, astronomer/astrologer, and author. He is often cited as "the father of algebra", which was named after a part of the title of his book, Hisab al-jabr w'al-muqabala, along with the algorism number system
5 Multiple choice questions
- inflation supply gos up, price goes down value of the coin goes down, Caused by the importation of silver and gold into the European economy
- (1924-96) The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, development of scientific disciplines is discontinuous, and at critical junctures mass changes occurred/paradigm view
- merchant- entrpreneurial class which acquired enormous wealth
- An economic theory that government should not regulate or interfere with commerce
- Rationalists. believed that human reason is more reliable than tradition.Originated in the 8th century in Basra (Iraq) when Wasil ibn Ata. left the teaching lessons of Hasan al-Basri after a theological dispute.
5 True/False questions
Minas Gerias → 13th century Syrian Arab from Damascus
pioneered sci fi, from Syria; Arab physician who propsed the making of encyclopedia and medical writings and science fiction;
Triangular Trade → The backbone of New England's economy during the colonial period. Ships from New England sailed first to Africa, exchanging New England rum for slaves. The slaves were shipped from Africa to the Caribbean (this was known as the Middle Passage, when many slaves died on the ships). In the Caribbean, the slaves were traded for sugar and molasses. Then the ships returned to New England, where the molasses were used to make rum.
ibn al-shatir → created the first astrolabic clock that helped you tell time from the shadows. was an astronomer-Cairo
muqaddimah → The Muqaddimah English: Ibn Khaldun's Introduction, also known as the Muqaddimah of Ibn Khaldun or the Prolegomena is a book written by the Maghrebian Muslim historian Ibn Khaldun in 1377 which records an early view of universal history. Some modern thinkers view it as the first work dealing with the philosophy of history or the social science of sociology demography, historiography or cultural history. and economics, The Muqaddimah also deals with Islamic theology, political theory and the natural sciences of biology and chemistry. Ibn Khaldun wrote the work in 1377 as the preface or first book of his planned world history, the Kitab al-Ibar but already in his lifetime it became regarded as an independent work.
Feudal Mode of Production → establishing something (e.g. gold or silver) as the legal tender of a country