5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- inflectional morphemes
- Direct Method
- CALLA (Cognitive Academic Language Learning Approach)
- Audio- Lingual
- a teaches explicit learning strategies while language is taught through content. Great for middle school and high school teachers.
- b the study of words and their internal organization
- c Learn structural form of the language, acquire core sets of language habits. Teacher reinforces correct responses, teacher directed
- d affixes that can be added to a morpheme without changing its part of speech/suffixes
- e use target language in instruction to communicate and think in target language. Constant question and response with teacher and students.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the study of word meanings, idioms, and non-literal expressions
- To learn at an accelerated pace for everyday communication. Immersion.
- the intent of language, what the speaker means to convey
- governs the form or structure of a language (sentences). Specifics what word combinations are acceptable and what ones are not.
- used to ask questions
5 True/False questions
Natural Order Hypothesis → features of speech appear in predictable order; sounds come first with some coming before others; statements before questions and positives before negative; order is determine by the language acquired, not the first language
SIOP Building Background → Frequent discussion among teacher/students, students/students about the key concepts. Group students to support lesson objectives, provide wait time for student responses.
consonant cluster → students create their knowledge through real life experiences
Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD) → Use of acting out, games, and skill- kinesthetic
phonetics → the study of sounds across languages