5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Lao v. Nichols
- rising intonation
- consonant cluster
- Direct Method
- Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD)
- a Stephen Krashen says reading material should be slightly above students' independent reading level (i+1).
- b can't discriminate based on language and must provide appropriate educational accommodations to non English speakers.
- c a group of 2 or more consonant together with no intervening vowel (ex: pl, st. caught)
- d usually used at the end of questions
- e Students listen to dialogue, then answer a series of questions, visual aids & pantomime used
5 Multiple choice questions
- stand in place for a person, thing that must be pointed to (That car is the one I want)
- when the subject performs action in the sentence (John carried the papers to the desk)
- English as a Second Language
- takes the place of a name of a person, place, or thing
- Provide hands-on materials or manipulatives. Activities to apply knowledge, activities that integrate all four language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
5 True/False questions
FES → Fluent English Speaker
IPT → Non-English Proficient
relative pronoun → refer to an unknown person, place or thing
indefinite pronouns → refer to an unknown person, place or thing
L1 → Second language