5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- SIOP Practice and Application
- Audio- Lingual
- Integrated Language Approach
- a had theories on comprehensible input (i+1)
- b Language is learned best when it is whole and in context. Focus on meaning and using language to communicate reading writing, speaking, and listening are all essential components.
- c Provide hands-on materials or manipulatives. Activities to apply knowledge, activities that integrate all four language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
- d had theories on BICS and CALP
- e Learn structural form of the language, acquire core sets of language habits. Teacher reinforces correct responses, teacher directed
5 Multiple choice questions
- the study of word meanings, idioms, and non-literal expressions
- a bilingual program designed to move students to English proficiency as soon as possible. Then native language is discontinued.
- Links concepts to background knowledge and to past learning. Emphasize key vocabulary.
- Students listen to dialogue, then answer a series of questions, visual aids & pantomime used
- Limited English Speaker
5 True/False questions
consonant diagraph → two consonants pronounced a a single sound (ch, sh, th, wh)
rising intonation → the point past which language learners can not progress without exceptional effort
nasals → English to speakers of other Languages
aspiration → produced by a constant flow of air through the vocal tract (f and v)
Sheltered Instruction → wide reading is how most new words are acquired