5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- expansion diffusion
- five themes
- perceptual region
- time- distance decay
- a the spread of an innovation or an idea through a population and the numbers of those influenced rapidly increase
- b The declining degree of acceptance of an idea or innovation with increasing time and distance from its point of origin or source.
- c A region that only exists as a conceptualization or an idea and not as a physically demarcated entity.
- d Developed by the Geographic Educational National Implemention Project (GENIP), the _____ ______ of geography are location, human-environment, region, place, and movement.
- e The sum total of the knowledge, attitudes, and habitual behavior patterns shared and transmitted by the members of a society.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An approach to studying nature - society relations that is concerned with the ways in which environmental issues both reflect, and are the result of, the political and socioeconomic contexts in which they are situated.
- Heartland, source area, innovation center; place of origin of a major culture.
- Maps that tell stories, typically showing the degree of some attribute of the movement of a geographic phenomenon.
- the study of geographic phenomena by visiting places and observing how people interact with and thereby change those places
- The visible imprint of human activity and ______ on the ________. The layers of buildings, forms, and artifacts sequnetially imprinted on the ______ by the activities of various human occupants.
5 True/False questions
relocation diffusion → Sequential diffusion process in which the items being diffused are transmitted by their carrier agents as they evacuate the old areas and relocate to new ones.
isotherm → the design of spatial distribution
distance → The fourth theme of Geography as defined by the GENIP; uniqueness of a location.
cultural ecology → The multiple interactions and relationships between a culture and the natural environment.
culture trait → A single element of normal practice in a culture, such as the wearing of a turban.