5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- activity space
- perceptual region
- a A region that only exists as a conceptualization or an idea and not as a physically demarcated entity.
- b measurement of space between two places
- c Regional outbreak of a disease.
- d 3rd theme of geography as defined by the geography educational national implementation project; an area on the Earth's surface marked by a degree of formal, functional, or perceptual homogeneity of some phenomenon
- e the space within which daily activity occurs
5 Multiple choice questions
- A form of diffusion in which an idea or innovation spreads by passing first among the most connected places or peoples.
- method of collecting data or information through the use of instruments (e.g., satellites) that are physically distant from the area or object of study.
- 1st theme, the geographical position of people & things on the Earths surface affects what happens & why
- The second theme of geography as defined by the geography as defined by the Geography Educational National Implementation project reciprocal relationships between human and environment
- Both Complementarity ( A condition that exists when two regions, through an exchange of raw materials and/ or finished products, can specifically satisfy each other's demands) and Intervening Opportunity (The presence of a nearer opportunity that greatly diminishes the attractiveness of sites farther away).
5 True/False questions
formal region → A type of region marked by a certain degree of homogeneity in one or more phenomena; also called uniform region or homogeneous region.
cultural barriers → Heartland, source area, innovation center; place of origin of a major culture.
expansion diffusion → Sequential diffusion process in which the items being diffused are transmitted by their carrier agents as they evacuate the old areas and relocate to new ones.
contagious diffusion → The distance-controlled spreading of an idea, innovation, or some other item through a local population by contact from person to person - analogous to the communication of a contagious illness.
spatial → 1st theme, the geographical position of people & things on the Earths surface affects what happens & why