5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- stimulus diffusion
- functional region
- perception of place
- a the design of spatial distribution
- b a region defined by the particular set of activities or interactions that occur within it
- c a form of diffusion in which a cultural adaptation is created as a result of the introduction of a cultural trait from another place
- d The fourth theme of Geography as defined by the GENIP; uniqueness of a location.
- e Belief or "understanding" about a place developed through books, movies, stories or pictures
5 Multiple choice questions
- state of mind derived through the infusion of a place with meaning and emotion by remembering important events that occurred in that place or by labeling a place with a certain character.
- A single element of normal practice in a culture, such as the wearing of a turban.
- The expansion and adoption of a cultural element from its place of origin to a wider area
- the study of geographic phenomena by visiting places and observing how people interact with and thereby change those places
- method of collecting data or information through the use of instruments (e.g., satellites) that are physically distant from the area or object of study.
5 True/False questions
geocaching → a hunt for a cache, the GPS coordinates which are placed on the Internet by other geocachers
sequent occupance → state of mind derived through the infusion of a place with meaning and emotion by remembering important events that occurred in that place or by labeling a place with a certain character.
movement → The fifth theme of Geography as defined by the GENIP; the mobility of people, goods and ideas across the surface of the planet.
cultural landscape → Prevailing cultural attitude rendering certian innovations; ideas or practices unacceptable or unadoptable in that particular culture.
five themes → Developed by the Geographic Educational National Implemention Project (GENIP), the _____ ______ of geography are location, human-environment, region, place, and movement.