5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Vasco da Gama
- columbian exchange
- a The exchange of plants, animals, diseases, and technologies between the Americas and the rest of the world following Columbus's voyages.
- b reached India. amazed by spices, rare skills, precious gems. gave Portugal a direct sea route to India.
- c country's power dependent mainly on wealth. allowed nations to build strong navies, purchase vital goods. obtain as much gold and silver as possible or establish favorable balance of trade
- d power struggle after his father, Hongwu's death. moved royal court to Beijing. launched treasure ship voyages to impress world with splendor and power of Ming China.
- e mixed Spanish and Native American population.
5 Multiple choice questions
- investors buy shares of stock to reduce risks of investing money in colonization. responsible for establishing Jamestown; England's first North American colony.
- conquistador who marched into South America and conquered Inca. tricked and killed Incan ruler Atahualpa and took ransom.
- economic system based on private ownership and the investment of resources. profits from exploration allowed for reinvestments in other areas. lead to inflation in Europe.
- manufactured goods go to Africa, goods exchanged for slaves, slaves transported to West Indies, sold to Americas
- drove out Mongol rulers. China became dominant power in Asia. had many vassal states that paid tribute.
5 True/False questions
Christopher Columbus → sea captain made voyage from Spain in 1492. discovered island with Taino people on it. discovered new world.
encomienda → lands that are controlled by another nation.
Atahualpa → lived in Manchuria. invaded China, Ming Dynasty collapsed. began Qing Dynasty. expanded empire's borders.
Qing Dynasty → drove out Mongol rulers. China became dominant power in Asia. had many vassal states that paid tribute.
Hongwu → first Ming emperor. encouraged return to Confucian moral standards. restored merit-based civil service exam system. later became ruthless tyrant.