5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Francisco Pizarro
- columbian exchange
- Christopher Columbus
- a conquistador who marched into South America and conquered Inca. tricked and killed Incan ruler Atahualpa and took ransom.
- b sea captain made voyage from Spain in 1492. discovered island with Taino people on it. discovered new world.
- c The exchange of plants, animals, diseases, and technologies between the Americas and the rest of the world following Columbus's voyages.
- d spanish explorers who followed Cortés. colonized in Mexico, South America, U.S., first European settlers in America.
- e lands that are controlled by another nation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Portuguese supporter of exploration. founded navigational school, sought wealth outside Europe.
- first Ming emperor. encouraged return to Confucian moral standards. restored merit-based civil service exam system. later became ruthless tyrant.
- landed in Mexico, looked to claim land for Spain. overtook Aztec empire.
- emperor of Qing Dynasty. enjoyed company of Jesuits at court.
- voyage that brought captured Africans to West Indies, North and South America. middle leg of transatlantic trade triangle.
5 True/False questions
Qing Dynasty → drove out Mongol rulers. China became dominant power in Asia. had many vassal states that paid tribute.
Manchus → lived in Manchuria. invaded China, Ming Dynasty collapsed. began Qing Dynasty. expanded empire's borders.
Treaty of Tordesillas → manufactured goods go to Africa, goods exchanged for slaves, slaves transported to West Indies, sold to Americas
Atahualpa → Incan ruler. forces crushed. kidnapped and strangled after converting to Christianity.
favorable balance of trade → country sells more goods than it buys. ultimate goal to become self-sufficient, not dependent on other countries for goods. colonies played role of supplier and provided a market.