5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Kang Xi
- favorable balance of trade
- Dutch East India Company
- atlantic slave trade
- a buying and selling of Africans for work in the Americas. became massive enterprise. many African rulers participated.
- b establish direct trade throughout Asia. power to mint own money, make treaties, raise own armies. established trading headquarters in Batavia, conquered nearby islands.
- c natives farmed, ranched or mined for Spanish landlords. many laborers worked to death. sometimes mestizo children worked for parents.
- d country sells more goods than it buys. ultimate goal to become self-sufficient, not dependent on other countries for goods. colonies played role of supplier and provided a market.
- e emperor of Qing Dynasty. enjoyed company of Jesuits at court.
5 Multiple choice questions
- reached India. amazed by spices, rare skills, precious gems. gave Portugal a direct sea route to India.
- Incan ruler. forces crushed. kidnapped and strangled after converting to Christianity.
- power struggle after his father, Hongwu's death. moved royal court to Beijing. launched treasure ship voyages to impress world with splendor and power of Ming China.
- lived in Manchuria. invaded China, Ming Dynasty collapsed. began Qing Dynasty. expanded empire's borders.
- lands that are controlled by another nation.
5 True/False questions
capitalism → country's power dependent mainly on wealth. allowed nations to build strong navies, purchase vital goods. obtain as much gold and silver as possible or establish favorable balance of trade
Ming Dynasty → drove out Mongol rulers. China became dominant power in Asia. had many vassal states that paid tribute.
Prince Henry → Portuguese supporter of exploration. founded navigational school, sought wealth outside Europe.
Christopher Columbus → sea captain made voyage from Spain in 1492. discovered island with Taino people on it. discovered new world.
Qing Dynasty → drove out Mongol rulers. China became dominant power in Asia. had many vassal states that paid tribute.