5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Qing Dynasty
- Ming Dynasty
- a lived in Manchuria. invaded China, Ming Dynasty collapsed. began Qing Dynasty. expanded empire's borders.
- b mixed Spanish and Native American population.
- c economic system based on private ownership and the investment of resources. profits from exploration allowed for reinvestments in other areas. lead to inflation in Europe.
- d drove out Mongol rulers. China became dominant power in Asia. had many vassal states that paid tribute.
- e upheld Confucian beliefs, social structures, made frontiers safe. accepted Dutch as trading partners.
5 Multiple choice questions
- lands that are controlled by another nation.
- manufactured goods go to Africa, goods exchanged for slaves, slaves transported to West Indies, sold to Americas
- treaty to respect the line Pope Alexander VI drew. split up new world between Portuguese and Spanish. spurred age of exploration, colonization.
- country sells more goods than it buys. ultimate goal to become self-sufficient, not dependent on other countries for goods. colonies played role of supplier and provided a market.
- emperor of Qing Dynasty. enjoyed company of Jesuits at court.
5 True/False questions
middle passage → voyage that brought captured Africans to West Indies, North and South America. middle leg of transatlantic trade triangle.
conquistador → economic system based on private ownership and the investment of resources. profits from exploration allowed for reinvestments in other areas. lead to inflation in Europe.
Prince Henry → natives farmed, ranched or mined for Spanish landlords. many laborers worked to death. sometimes mestizo children worked for parents.
Christopher Columbus → early portuguese explorer. hoped to obtain popular goods from Asia, Christianize.
Zheng He → Chinese-Muslim admiral. led all 7 treasure ship voyages. distributed gifts, gained tribute countries.