5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Prince Henry
- Zheng He
- Christopher Columbus
- Ming Dynasty
- a sea captain made voyage from Spain in 1492. discovered island with Taino people on it. discovered new world.
- b Portuguese supporter of exploration. founded navigational school, sought wealth outside Europe.
- c drove out Mongol rulers. China became dominant power in Asia. had many vassal states that paid tribute.
- d natives farmed, ranched or mined for Spanish landlords. many laborers worked to death. sometimes mestizo children worked for parents.
- e Chinese-Muslim admiral. led all 7 treasure ship voyages. distributed gifts, gained tribute countries.
5 Multiple choice questions
- power struggle after his father, Hongwu's death. moved royal court to Beijing. launched treasure ship voyages to impress world with splendor and power of Ming China.
- economic system based on private ownership and the investment of resources. profits from exploration allowed for reinvestments in other areas. lead to inflation in Europe.
- spanish explorers who followed Cortés. colonized in Mexico, South America, U.S., first European settlers in America.
- Incan ruler. forces crushed. kidnapped and strangled after converting to Christianity.
- investors buy shares of stock to reduce risks of investing money in colonization. responsible for establishing Jamestown; England's first North American colony.
5 True/False questions
Hongwu → first Ming emperor. encouraged return to Confucian moral standards. restored merit-based civil service exam system. later became ruthless tyrant.
atlantic slave trade → manufactured goods go to Africa, goods exchanged for slaves, slaves transported to West Indies, sold to Americas
Kang Xi → emperor of Qing Dynasty. enjoyed company of Jesuits at court.
Treaty of Tordesillas → early portuguese explorer. hoped to obtain popular goods from Asia, Christianize.
colony → power struggle after his father, Hongwu's death. moved royal court to Beijing. launched treasure ship voyages to impress world with splendor and power of Ming China.