5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Rio de Janeiro Summit
- gross migration
- dependency ratio
- a A comparison between how many non-working seniors and children are dependent on the working-age population
- b an attempt to increase the declining birth rates that begin as countries continue to develop; a solution to a decreasing population
- c The total number of migrants moving into and out of a place, region, or country
- d (1992)
Seeks development that balances economic development, environmental protection, and equitable development
- e People who have fled their homelands because they have a well-founded fear of persecution on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, political belief, or social characteristic.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An instrument for meeting the goals and objectives of a population policy.
- family planning programs
- one child policy
- The application of synthetic fertilizers to the soil and herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides to crops to enhance yields
- An official government policy designed to affect any or all of several objectives including the size, composition, and distribution of a population
(mostly aimed at reducing the number of births through a population program)
- The difference between the crude death and birth rates of a population
A major recognition of the fact that environmental problems can be global in scale. This protocol was established because of the massive hole within the ozone layer caused by CFCs.
5 True/False questions
forced migration → The movement by an individual against his or her will (based on push factors)
mechanization → A population movement caused by the degradation of land and essential natural resources as a result of climate change
- Floods, sea level rises, famine, drought, infestation
age-sex pyramid → A representation of the population based on its composition according to age and sex
The Rio de Janeiro Summit → (1992)
"Meeting the needs of present times without interfering with future generations' abilities to meet their needs"
vital records → Agents of disease transmission