5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- majority minority district
- Reynolds v. Sims
- closed/open rule
- legislative oversight
- Library of Congress
- a A congressional district created to include a majority of minority voters; ruled constitutional so long as race is not the main factor in redistricting.
- b research center for congress
- c House of rep. if a bill is closed it can not be amended, if open it can be.
- d 14th amendment requires state legislative districts reflect fair "one person, one vote" rule
- e the power of Congress to oversee how laws are carried out
5 Multiple choice questions
- An institution unique to the House of Representatives that reviews all bills (except revenue, budget, and appropriations bills) coming from a House committee before they go to the full House.
- affecting things past
- It is used by members to get signatures for postage by sending mail to their constituents to keep them informed and to get info on campaigning.
- permanently established legislative committees that consider and are responsible for legislation within a certain subject area
5 True/False questions
Congressional Budget Office → staff agency that advises Congress on the likely economic effects of different spending programs and provides information on the costs of the proposed policies.
constituency → Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network
House/Senate Budget Committee → An institution unique to the House of Representatives that reviews all bills (except revenue, budget, and appropriations bills) coming from a House committee before they go to the full House.
party caucus → laws that limit the number of terms elected officials can serve
House/Senate Appropriations → 1