5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Wayes and Means Committee
- pork barrel project
- joint committees
- Majority/Minority Leader
- a government project grant that primarily benefits the home district or state
- b 1
- c committees on which both senators and representatives serve
- d Responsible for assigning bills to committee in the Senate.
- e Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network
5 Multiple choice questions
- Federal law that increased government supervision of local election practices, suspended the use of literacy tests to prevent people (usually African Americans) from voting, and expanded government efforts to register voters. The Voting Rights Act of 1970 permanently banned literacy tests.
- the process of reassigning representation based on population, after every census
- The redrawing of congressional and other legislative district lines following the census, to accommodate population shifts and keep districts as equal as possible in population
- drawing the boundaries of legislative districts so that they are unequal in population
- permanently established legislative committees that consider and are responsible for legislation within a certain subject area
5 True/False questions
Reynolds v. Sims → laws that limit the number of terms elected officials can serve
President Pro-Tempore → Officer of the Senate selected by the majority party to act as chair in the absence of the vice president
closed/open rule → House of rep. if a bill is closed it can not be amended, if open it can be.
Senate Judiciary → case that est. one man one vote. this decision created guidelines for drawing up congresional districts and guaranteed a more equitable system of representation to the citizens of each state
select committees → congressional committees appointed for a limited time and purpose