7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- is the founding and ruling political party of the People's Republic of China.
- Chinese general who assisted Sun Yat-sen in overthrowing the Qing dynasty. He served as the President of the People's Republic of China from 1912-1916, briefly attempting to seize power from the Kuomintang and establish himself as the Great Emperor of a new Chinese Empire.
- Chinese revolutionary and political leader, and the foremost pioneer of the Republic of China, which overthrew the Qing Dynasty in October 1911. He co-founded the Kuomintang (KMT) and served as its first leader, and devised the political philosophy of the Three Principles of the People.
- praised the revolutionary potential of the peasantry.
- A Chinese system of physical exercises designed especially for self-defense and meditation
- a guerilla fighting force organized by Mao Zedong.
6 True/False questions
Marxism → The political and economic philosophy of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels in which the concept of class struggle plays a central role in understanding society's allegedly inevitable development from bourgeois oppression under capitalism to a socialist and ultimately classless society.
Chiang Kai-shek → Chinese military leader and ally of Sun Yat-sen, whom he succeeded as leader of the Kuomintang. He helped to overcome the feuding warlords and unify China under the Nationalist Government, but was he was eventually forced to flee to Taiwan by the Communists, where he established himself as President of the Republic of China.
KMT (Kuomintang) or GMD (Guomindang) → Chinese revolutionary, political theorist and Communist leader commonly known as Chairman Mao. He founded and led the People's Republic of China (PRC) from its 1949 to 1976, instituting such disastrous policies as the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution.
People's Republic of China → a guerilla fighting force organized by Mao Zedong.
Mandarin → A Chinese system of physical exercises designed especially for self-defense and meditation
Qing Dynasty → an epic 6,000 mile trek north by Mao's army after a year of siege by the KMT. It fueled a "cult of Mao" among peasants, establishing him as a prophet/savior and a leader of a sacred union of survivors.