5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The rate of cell division or apoptosis
- 1. Undifferentiated and actively dividing cells are found throughout the lower 1/3 of the epithelium
2. Upper layer still contains flattened and differentiated cells
3. Upper layer somewhat unorganized
- Cell proliferation which leads to an increased probability of tumor progression by increasing the number of cells containing the initial mutagenic event
- Its own proliferation or decrease its death
- a Tumor promoters are chemical agents which by themselves are not mutagenic but have been shown to induce cancer by activating an inflammatory response. This inflammatory response triggers an increase in what?
- b In each step, a cell accumulates a mutation that acts to enhance what?
- c Alterations in what can result in tumor formation?
- d What is a cell that grows and divides out of control; a tumor?
Why is panel B considered a low grade lesion?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Tumor promoters induce a inflammatory response which results in what? Increasing the probability of what?
- What is a malignant cancer arising from connective tissues or muscle cells?
- Tumorigenesis requires the assistance of other cell types. What are the functions of these cells?
- Cytochrome P450 converts toxins into what?
- Tissue in women are made up of a mixture of cells which varies in what way?
5 True/False questions
2. Condroma → What is a benign cancer of the epithelial cell with a glandular organization?
Disruption of the adhesion mechanism the normally keeps cells tethered to their neighbor and the extracellular matrix → The invasiveness expressed in metastasis requires what?
Many, many years → Development of cancerous cells can take how long?
At late stages of tumor progression → Most cancers are identified when?
1. Cells that make up the supporting connective tissue (fibroblast cells)
2. Inflammatory white blood cells, and
3. Vascular epithelial cells → What are the best studied group of carcinogens that induce DNA damage?