Reading Narrative Passages - (theme, plot, character, setting, author's
influence, vocab in context)
1. If the paragraphs aren't numbered, number them.
2. Write SWBS (Somebody, Wanted, But, So)
3. Identify how many questions are connected to the passage.
More than 5 questions, don't preview the questions. Two or
three questions. Try to answer them by looking back into the
4. Read each paragraph. As you read, write a few word summary
for each paragraph.
5. You are ready to answer the questions. Use your test taking