1. Identifies that hands should be washed.
2. Gathers linen and transports correctly.
3. Places clean linen on top of bedside stand, on over-bed table, over back of chair or drapes over foot of bed.
4. Explains procedure to resident.
5. Provides privacy pulls privacy curtain.
6. Raises side rail opposite working side of the bed or asks test observer to stand on the opposite side of the bed.
7. Raises the bed between mid-thigh and waist level.
8. Resident is to remain covered at all times.
9. Assists resident to roll onto side toward raised side rail or test observer. Side rail remains up or test observer is directed to
remain on side opposite candidate at all times during the task.
10. Rolls or fan folds soiled linen, soiled side inside, to the center of the bed.
11. Places clean bottom sheet along the center of the bed and rolls or fan folds linen against resident's back and unfolds
12. Secures two fitted corners.
13.Raises second siderail or asks test observer to stand opposite working side of the bed and assists the resident to roll over the bottom linen, preventing trauma and avoidable pain to resident.
14. Removes soiled linen without shaking, and places in hamper.
15. Avoids touching linen to uniform.
16. Pulls through and smoothes out the clean bottom linen.
17. Secures other two fitted corners.
18. Places clean top linen and blanket or bedspread over covered resident. Removes used linen making sure the resident is unexposed at all times.
19. Tucks in top linen and blanket or bedspread at foot of the bed.
20. Makes mitered corners at the foot of the bed.
21. Applies clean pillowcase, with zippers and/or tags to inside.
22. Gently lifts resident's head when replacing the pillow.
23. Lowers bed if it was raised.
24.Returns side rails to lowered position if side rails were used.
25. Maintains respectful, courteous interpersonal interactions at all times.
26. Leaves call light or signaling device within easy reach of the resident.
27. Identifies that hands should be washed.