5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pylum Gnetophyta- only gymnosperms with...
- Various species are useful to humans how?
- The outer layer (integument) develops into
- What are flowers?
- Seeds can absorb a lot of water and often the water pressure...
- a An impermeable seed coat (encloses the dormant embryo and stored food)
- b Vessels in their xylem (as well as their tracheids)
- c Breaks the seed coat
- d Timber for construction
Taxol (used to treat cancer)
- e Modified stems with modified leaves
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ovary, stigma, style
- Butterflies (flowers may have a perch)
Moths (pollinate at night, so flowers are scented and white)
Beetles and flies (flowers sometimes smell like rotting flesh)
Bats and small mammals
- Attaching to animals
- Swollen base which consists of many ovules; ovary later develops into a fruit
5 True/False questions
Flower parts are attaches in circles called → A pollen tube
At the center of the fourth whorl is the... → Gynoecium, which houses the female gametophytes
Can have more than one carpel
Style → Vehicle for dispersing the embryo to distant sites
Similar life cycle to → Megaspore mother cell undergoes meiosis, followed by mitosis
Microspore mother cells also undergoes meiosis followed by mitosis (results in pollen grain, which is the male gametophyte)
What does "gymnosperm" mean? Why? → Extra layer of embryo protection
Seeds can be dormant and survive until environmental conditions are favorable