5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- who was FDR
- Why is it important to leave standing dead trees and large (and small) woody debris in forests?
- what are gap dynamics
- what are the basic characteristics and measurements of trees and forests that guide silvicultural methods and management plans.
- what is shelterwood selection
- a LAI, DBH, LCR
- b lead to uneven stand; lightining of ice damage to tree that alllows little trees to grow
- c because removing them disturbs the forest because it removes nutrients(infertile soil) liek decaying wood from dead trees.
- d started the CCC, appointed enviromentalists to the government; forest resevre act; national forests;
- e find and save leave trees in order to re-seed the area; remove the rest of the trees in the first lumber sale
5 Multiple choice questions
- highly managed for raising specific trees for utilization(utilization)
- once the big seeding trees are gone there is no goign back without replanting trees
- burning the undergrowth with controlled fires so underbrush doesnt get overwhelming
- the dust bowl.....son
5 True/False questions
what is thinining ? → Civilian Conservation Corp.
what are the definitions of crown class → dominant, co-dominate, intermediate, suppressed,
When was the earliest known time when people used forests to protect there land → CCC
who were the shakers → sigurd olson and group of canadians; travled the mackinzie river; got the wlderness act passed
what does LCR mean → leaf area index