5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
Although it had a rich and sophisticated civilization, this American empire did not have a written language.
- b Known for their culture (such as art, architecture and philosophy). Made up of city-states. Didn't have a large empire or military.
- c All three of the classical empires (Romans, Han, and Gupta) faced the threat of invasion by this central Asian pastoral nomadic group.
- d A traditional and somewhat controversial term to describe an urbanized society with written language, complex social, political, and religious institutions.
- e Classical Rome and China both had new foreign religions that spread widely in their empires due to the fact that both had built networks of these.
5 Multiple choice questions
Called himself the First Emperor. He united China and buried himself with hundreds of terracotta soldiers.
Christianity first developed in Palestine on the Eastern Mediterranean Sea, which is in what general region of the world?
- This body of water separates the Arabian Peninsula from Africa.
These mountains separate India from China and are the tallest in the world.
- In about the 1500s BCE these people were migrating tribes from present-day southeast Russia. Some traveled to Europe, some to Persia, and some to India. Thus, today many people in Europe, Perisa, and India share some lingustic, cultural, and biological roots.
5 True/False questions
Roman Republic → This city state was ruled by a senate, spoke Latin, and borrowed heavily from Greek culture. They militarily expanded their territory for centuries but the senate eventually was overthrown by an imperial system.
Persian Empire → Greatest empire in the world up to 500 BCE. Spoke an Indo-European language. A multi-ethnic and multi-religious empire. Fell to Alexander the Great.
Maya → This American civilization is most famous for its many pyramids, and its relative mathematical and scientific accomplishment of the time.
Patriarchal → Before agriculture, men and women are believed to have a greater degree of equality. But after the rise of agriculture, most human societies became ________
Ashoka → Leader of the Mauryan dynasty of India who conquered most of India but eventually gave up violence and converted to Buddhism.