5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Shi Huangdi
- The Red Sea
- a Classical Rome and China both had new foreign religions that spread widely in their empires due to the fact that both had built networks of these.
- b Dates that countdown backwards to the year zero.
- c This body of water separates the Arabian Peninsula from Africa.
- d Chinese Dynasty (206 BCE - 220 CE) ruled a centralized and growing empire for 400 years. Complex centralized buraucracy with Civil service system based on Confucianism. Traded on Silk Road.
Called himself the First Emperor. He united China and buried himself with hundreds of terracotta soldiers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- He and his father defeated and united the weakened Greek city-states and he defeated the Persian Empire in 330 BCE thus spreading Greek culture and influence throughout Western Asia.
These mountains separate India from China and are the tallest in the world.
- Chinese civilization began as small kingdoms and dynasties on this river, named after the color of the loess-type soil.
Famous example of Roman engineering that also made possible the existence of large cities.
- A Hindu and Buddhist concept that by doing good to others, good will happen to you (and vise versa)
5 True/False questions
Gupta Dynasty → Indian Empire (320 CE-550 CE) known for re-establishing Hinduism and for achievements in math and science.
Civilization → Hindu and Buddhist belief that souls are reborn into new bodies over and over.
imported → Starting in approximately 2500 BC, the Akkadians invaded the Sumerians and created what is probably the first ______, which is when societies are in some way taken over and dominated by a central authority.
Persian Empire → Existed from 27 BCE to about 400 CE. Conquiered entire Mediterranean coast and most of Europe. Ruled by an emperor. Eventually oversaw the rise and spread of Christianity.
Christianity → Chinese belief system from 500s BCE that emphasized family loyalty, respecting elders, education, obedience, and ancestors.