5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Red Sea
- Black Sea
- Fertile Crescent
This body of water is North of present-day Turkey.
- b In about the 1500s BCE these people were migrating tribes from present-day southeast Russia. Some traveled to Europe, some to Persia, and some to India. Thus, today many people in Europe, Perisa, and India share some lingustic, cultural, and biological roots.
- c This body of water separates the Arabian Peninsula from Africa.
- d Both Greece and Japan owe their advancement to the fact that they ______ ideas from other more sophisticated regions (China in the case of Japan and the Middle East in the case of Europe)
- e The swath of land in the Middle East where agriculture and later urbanization and later the first empires began.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Resulted not only in a more reliable food source, but also in a shifting of dependancy and power to males over females, the claiming and defending of land, and the establishment of the first political and religious institutions.
- Chinese religion from 500s BCE that emphasized following the mystical and indescribable "Way." It celebrated the chaos and contradictions of reality as well as the harmony of nature. The Yin and Yang symbolizes many aspects of this religion.
The first written language, which was created by the Sumerians in about 3000 BCE.
- Means "land between the rivers" and refers to the region of present-day Iraq.
- Known for their culture (such as art, architecture and philosophy). Made up of city-states. Didn't have a large empire or military.
5 True/False questions
Aqueducts → All three of the classical empires (Romans, Han, and Gupta) faced the threat of invasion by this central Asian pastoral nomadic group.
Buddhism → Chinese religion from 500s BCE that emphasized following the mystical and indescribable "Way." It celebrated the chaos and contradictions of reality as well as the harmony of nature. The Yin and Yang symbolizes many aspects of this religion.
Christianity → Chinese belief system from 500s BCE that emphasized family loyalty, respecting elders, education, obedience, and ancestors.
Shi Huangdi →
Called himself the First Emperor. He united China and buried himself with hundreds of terracotta soldiers.
BCE → Represents dates after the year zero. Stands for Common Era.