5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fertile Crescent
- Agricultural Revolution
- a The name of the first culture in the world to develop cities.
- b The swath of land in the Middle East where agriculture and later urbanization and later the first empires began.
- c Dates that countdown backwards to the year zero.
- d A traditional and somewhat controversial term to describe an urbanized society with written language, complex social, political, and religious institutions.
- e Resulted not only in a more reliable food source, but also in a shifting of dependancy and power to males over females, the claiming and defending of land, and the establishment of the first political and religious institutions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Indian Empire (320 CE-550 CE) known for re-establishing Hinduism and for achievements in math and science.
Although it had a rich and sophisticated civilization, this American empire did not have a written language.
- In about the 1500s BCE these people were migrating tribes from present-day southeast Russia. Some traveled to Europe, some to Persia, and some to India. Thus, today many people in Europe, Perisa, and India share some lingustic, cultural, and biological roots.
- Chinese dynasty in 200s BCE. Lasted 15 years. Unified Chinese kingdoms, built the Great Wall and its emperor was the legalistic Shi Huangdi.
- Means "land between the rivers" and refers to the region of present-day Iraq.
5 True/False questions
pyramids → Classical Rome and China both had new foreign religions that spread widely in their empires due to the fact that both had built networks of these.
CE → Represents dates after the year zero. Stands for Common Era.
Persian Wars → Two failed attempts by the Persian Empire in the 400s BCE to conquer the Greeks in the 400s BCE
Karma → A Hindu and Buddhist concept that by doing good to others, good will happen to you (and vise versa)
Daoism → Chinese religion from 500s BCE that emphasized following the mystical and indescribable "Way." It celebrated the chaos and contradictions of reality as well as the harmony of nature. The Yin and Yang symbolizes many aspects of this religion.