5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Persian Empire
- Persian Wars
- Urban Revolution
- a Means "land between the rivers" and refers to the region of present-day Iraq.
- b Two failed attempts by the Persian Empire in the 400s BCE to conquer the Greeks in the 400s BCE
- c Chinese civilization began as small kingdoms and dynasties on this river, named after the color of the loess-type soil.
- d Greatest empire in the world up to 500 BCE. Spoke an Indo-European language. A multi-ethnic and multi-religious empire. Fell to Alexander the Great.
- e Between approximately 4000 and 1500 BCE human societies in certain river valleys transformed from Neolithic farming villages into more complex urban societies. What might this transition be called?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Resulted not only in a more reliable food source, but also in a shifting of dependancy and power to males over females, the claiming and defending of land, and the establishment of the first political and religious institutions.
- Chinese religion from 500s BCE that emphasized following the mystical and indescribable "Way." It celebrated the chaos and contradictions of reality as well as the harmony of nature. The Yin and Yang symbolizes many aspects of this religion.
- Before agriculture, men and women are believed to have a greater degree of equality. But after the rise of agriculture, most human societies became ________
- This city state was ruled by a senate, spoke Latin, and borrowed heavily from Greek culture. They militarily expanded their territory for centuries but the senate eventually was overthrown by an imperial system.
- Existed from 27 BCE to about 400 CE. Conquiered entire Mediterranean coast and most of Europe. Ruled by an emperor. Eventually oversaw the rise and spread of Christianity.
5 True/False questions
CE → Dates that countdown backwards to the year zero.
Greeks → Chinese language is made up of four different _____ which change the meaning of the words being spoken.
Aqueducts → People in this region developed complex urban societies and empires without the benefit of large pack animals or Iron technology.
Mediterranean Sea → The Phonecian traders brought the first alphabet from the Middle East to the Greeks because both were seafaring traders in this sea.
These mountains separate India from China and are the tallest in the world.