5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Third Reich
- Sigmund Freud
- Jean Paul Sartre
- a a major leader of the existentialist movement. a philosopher.
- b The Third German Empire, established by Adolf Hitler in the 1930s.
- c a genre of popular music that originated in New Orleans around 1900 and developed through increasingly complex styles
- d a policy of avoiding contact with other countries, political ties should be avoided
- e Austrian neurologist who originated psychoanalysis (1856-1939); Said that human behavior is irrational; behavior is the outcome of conflict between the unconcious mind (irrational unconscious driven by sexual, aggressive, and pleasure-seeking desires) and concious mind (rationalizing conscious, what one can do, ingrained moral values, what one should do).
5 Multiple choice questions
- Germany's democratic regime established in 1919. The Weimar Republic was weak for several reasons. The country of Germany was not a Democratic country from the start. Germany already had a lot of political parties established, and the public blamed the Republic for the loss pf the war and the reparations required.
- a Spanish artist, founder of Cubism, which focused on geometric shapes and overlapping planes
- Hitler's expansionist theory based on a drive to acquire "living space" for the German people. Plan was to conquer eastern Europe and Russia
- militant-political movement, emphasizing loyalty and obedience. not clearly defined (communism is clearly defined, whereas fascism is not) there is a dictator, individual rights are looked down upon, belief that classes had a place and a function, nationalist belief.
- This dictator was the leader of the Nazi Party. He believed that strong leadership was required to save Germanic society, which was at risk due to Jewish, socialist, democratic, and liberal forces.
5 True/False questions
Great Depression → the economic crisis and period of low business activity in the U.S. and other countries, roughly beginning with the stock-market crash in October, 1929, and continuing through most of the 1930s. 25% of the populations was unemployed.
New Deal → the Leader; Benito Mussolini
Amelia Earhart → 'My Struggle' by Hitler, later became the basic book of nazi goals and ideology, reflected obsession
Crisis Years/Post War Uncertainty → the period of time after the war where the people were unsure of what would happen next and they were still recovering from the war
Franklin D. Roosevelt → Was elected president of the US by an overwhelming majority in 1932, introduced the New Deal, and led the US through most of WWII.