5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Labor Saving Devices
- Dawes Plan
- Weimar Republic
- Kellogg-Briand Pact
- a Germany's democratic regime established in 1919. The Weimar Republic was weak for several reasons. The country of Germany was not a Democratic country from the start. Germany already had a lot of political parties established, and the public blamed the Republic for the loss pf the war and the reparations required.
- b a philosophy based on the idea that people give meaning to their lives through their choices and actions
- c Was signed on August 27, 1928 by the United States, France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Japan, and a number of other states. The pact renounced aggressive war, prohibiting the use of war as "an instrument of national policy" except in matters of self-defence.
- d A plan to revive the German economy, the United States loans Germany money which then can pay reparations to England and France, who can then pay back their loans from the U.S. This circular flow of money was a success.
- e cars, refridgerator, washing machine, iron, vaccuum, coffee pot
5 Multiple choice questions
- English comedian and film maker; portrayed a downtrodden little man in baggy pants and bowler hat
- militant-political movement, emphasizing loyalty and obedience. not clearly defined (communism is clearly defined, whereas fascism is not) there is a dictator, individual rights are looked down upon, belief that classes had a place and a function, nationalist belief.
- Foreign Ministers who attempted to improve relationships between the two countries.
- a genre of popular music that originated in New Orleans around 1900 and developed through increasingly complex styles
- a policy of avoiding contact with other countries, political ties should be avoided
5 True/False questions
Il Duce → to provide people with money, to buy food and housing, and to put them back to work after the Great Depression, created by Franklin D. Roosevelt
Nazism → militant-political movement, emphasizing loyalty and obedience. not clearly defined (communism is clearly defined, whereas fascism is not) there is a dictator, individual rights are looked down upon, belief that classes had a place and a function, nationalist belief.
James Joyce → An Irish novelist who wrote Ulysses, a stream of consciousness book
Crisis Years/Post War Uncertainty → A German philosopher who believed that the strength that produces heroes and great artists springs from something beyond reason. He criticized Christianity and democracy for empowering the mediocrity of the sheeplike masses.
William Butler Yeats → called "roaring" because of the exuberant, freewheeling popular culture of the decade. The Roaring Twenties was a time when many people defied Prohibition, indulged in new styles of dancing and dressing, and rejected many traditional moral standards.