Create an account
investment stated dividends lapses past dividend
When advertising life insurance product the agent may not:
1. Imply that life insurance is an _____________ or is like shares of stock
2. Imply purchasers will receive special benefits not _______ in the policy
3. Guarantee future _________ to the policyholders
4. State that an insurer profits from policy ______ or surrenders
5. Imply that ____ performance is indicative of future results
6. Misstate past _________ history
insurer policy premium time
In all solicitations, the agent must:
1. Inform the buyer of the full name of the _______ represented
2. Provide a _______ summary and Buyer's Guide prior to accepting the ________
3. Recognize the _____ value of money when comparing cost of policies
accident hospital guarantee insolvent
Life _________ Health and _________ Service Insurance _________ Association: The purpose of this association is to protect the interests of policyholder when insurers become ___________ and to help detect and prevent insurance company impairment
life health members pay death cash
All insurers authorized to transact ____, accident and ______, annuities or hospital service coverage insurance are required to be ________ of the association as a condition of their certificate of authority and are subject to proportionate assessments to ___ benefits and to honor _____ claims and ____ values of insolvent insurers
insolvent 1 2 3
Claims will be honored up to the contractual obligations of the _________ insurer, but in no event will aggregate liability of the association exceed $_00,000 with respect to cash or annuity values, $_00,000 in health insurance benefits or $_00,000 in death benefits
Agents may not advertise or _____ to the protection offered by the guaranty association in their sales presentation
variable life separate
Regulation of _______ Products: Insurers offering variable ____ or annuities must establish a ________ account where income shall be credited without regard to other income of insurer
_____________ are regulated by the SEC who requires sales reps to have a _____ License
Variable life and annuity licenses are also regulated by the ___________________ of Insurance who requires sales reps to have a Texas ____ License plus a variable contracts license
net cost interest rate
There are two methods of life insurance policy cost comparisons:
1. Interest adjusted ____ _____ method
2. Comparative ________ _____ method
net cost cash
Interest adjusted ___ ____ method- useful if you consider the level of ____ values to be of primary importance
interest rate death secondary
Comparative ________ _____ Method: This index is useful if your main concern is the benefits that are paid at your _____ and if the level of cash value is of _________ importance
Regardless of the index used, it is important to remember the policy with a _____ index number is generally a better buy than a comparable policy with a ______ index number
surrendered paid up collateral
Replacement of life insurance: Any transaction in which existing life insurance will be:
1. Lapsed, forfeited, ___________ or otherwise terminated
2. Converted to reduced,____-__ or extended term by the use of non-forfeiture
3. Pledged as ________ for a loan exceeding 25% cash value
group employee conversion 5 issued
Replacement rules do not apply when:
1. When replacing credit life or ______ life
2. To life insurance sold with __________ benefit plans
3. To new policies sold by the same insurer as a result of a __________ privilege
4. When replacing non-convertible term that will expire in _ years or less and cannot be renewed
5. When replacing proposed life insurance that hasn't yet been _______ with a new policy sold by the same insurer
Insurers and producers have no obligation to a consumer regarding __________ if the consumer refuses to provide relevant information, and decides to enter into a transaction that is not based upon a producer's ____________ or fails to provide complete or accurate information
In life insurance an insurable interest must exist at the time of the ___________ but not at the time of claim.
A general release of medical or other information is not a release of ___ related information. A separate HIV release is _________
Group life coverage may be extended to spouses and _____ children who are dependent upon the person insured.
Dependents shall have the same conversion rights as the primary insured under the ______ policy.
Most groups are employee groups and the ________ is the master policy holder. The employees receive certificates of ___________ not policies
31 2 representations age beneficiary insurance convert
A group life policy may not be sold in Texas unless it contains the provisions described below, or provisions that are more favorable
1. A grace period of at least __ days
2. A contestability period of _ years, after which the policy is incontestable
3.Statements made on applications are considered _____________, not warranties
4. A misstatement of ___ provision allowing for adjustment of benefit
5. A provision allowing the person to name a ___________
6. Persons must receive a certificate of __________
7. The right to ________ to an individual whole life policy for 31 days after termination of employment without a physical exam
individual term age higher convert 10
1. Conversion must be to an ___________ policy issued by the same insurer
2. Conversion may be to any policy, except ____ insurance
3. Conversion premiums are based on the current ___ of the insured
4. Conversion may not be to a ______ amount of insurance
5. Dependents may also ______
6. The policy must cover at least __ employees on date of issue
decreasing group creditor require coercion
Credit life is a type of ___________ term insurance and may be individual or group ( most is _____) The _______ is both the policy holder and beneficiary. Debtors have the right to furnish existing insurance in lieu of buying credit life. To _______ a debtor buy credit life from a particular agent is called ________
10 mortgage refunded total
Credit life insurance may be written on a loan of not more than __ years, and is not used as __________ protection insurance. If the loan is repaid early, unearned premiums must be _________. The initial amount of credit life must not exceed the _____ amount of the loan.
Some life insurers charge premiums that are guaranteed for a period of ____ but may increase to a maximum amount thereafter. However, the insurer may elect to charge a _____ unspecified amount.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together