5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Function of Ventral Horn within grey matter
- What are the 3 bilateral column fibers within white matter?
- What are the 4 regions of grey matter?
- What structure brings motor efferent fibers from the cell bodies in the spinal cord to effector structures?
- Function of Ventral Funiculi within white matter?
- a Dorsal Horn, Intermediate Zone, Ventral Horn and Lateral Horn
- b 1. Dorsal Funiculi
2. Lateral Funiculi
3. Ventral Funiculi
- c Motor neurons send axons through ventral root to innervate mm. fibers
- d Same as lateral = Both Ascending sensory and Descending Motor Pathways
- e Ventral roots
5 Multiple choice questions
- Innervation to axial mm and skin of cranial cervical region
- Position and Movement of limbs in space
- 1. Meningeal = largely sensory
2. Dorsal = Sensory and motor
3. Ventral = Sensory and motor
4. Communicating branches = GVE and GVA
- Innervation to perineum, external anal sphincter and parasympathetic preganglion to viscera of pelvis and urinary bladder
* Sciatic nerve receives fibers S1-2
5 True/False questions
What does the lumbar spinal cord enlargement (Lumbar intumescence) contain? → Dorsal and ventral roots of spinal nerves that compose the pelvic plexus and attach to the spinal cord segments.
* Supplies sensory and motor innervation to the pelvic limb
Function of the Dorsal Horn within Grey Matter → Motor neurons send axons through ventral root to innervate mm. fibers
Nervous System Divisions that show similar clinical signs → Muscle and Neuromuscular Junction, Peripheral Nerves, Spinal Cord Segments, Brain (Medulla, Pons, Cerebellum, Midbrain, Thalamus,and Cerebrum)
T/F. As you move caudally the spinal cord segments continue to line up. → False b/c the spinal cord grows @ slower rate than vertebral column
3 functions of the spinal cord → 1.Sensory input and motor output for neck, trunk, limbs, and tail
2. Reflexive control of patterned movement and adjustment of glandular activity in response to local afferent input without voluntary control
3. Transmit info to and from brain