5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Function of Ventral Funiculi within white matter?
- What are the 4 branches of the spinal nerve as it emerges from through intervertebral canal?
- Functions of cranial cervical spinal cord region?
- T/F. White Matter contains dorsal and ventral root fibers.
- Does Grey Matter contain cell bodies?
- a Same as lateral = Both Ascending sensory and Descending Motor Pathways
- b True
- c Yes
- d 1. Meningeal = largely sensory
2. Dorsal = Sensory and motor
3. Ventral = Sensory and motor
4. Communicating branches = GVE and GVA
- e Innervation to axial mm and skin of cranial cervical region
5 Multiple choice questions
- Innervation of regional mm and skin
Preganglionic sympathetic neurons
- Paresis, Paralysis, Atrophy of muscles, Decreased sensation to cutaneous zones and decreased or absent reflexes
- Innervation of regional axial mm and skin, skin and mm of pelvic limb = Pelvic Plexus
* Partial Supply to bladder and perineum
- Both Ascending sensory and Descending Motor Pathways
- Muscle and Neuromuscular Junction, Peripheral Nerves, Spinal Cord Segments, Brain (Medulla, Pons, Cerebellum, Midbrain, Thalamus,and Cerebrum)
5 True/False questions
T/F. As you move caudally the spinal cord segments continue to line up. → 1.Cranial Cervical Region C1-C5
2. Cervico Thoracic Region C6-T2
3. Thoracolumbar Region T3-L3
4. Lumbosacral Region L4-S2
5. Sacral Region S1-3
6. Caudal Region Cd 1-5
What does the cervical spinal cord enlargement (cervical intumescence) contain? → Dorsal and ventral roots of spinal nerves that compose the brachial plexus and attach to the spinal cord segments.
* Supplies sensory and motor innervation to the thoracic limb
What are the 3 bilateral column fibers within white matter? → 1. Dorsal Funiculi
2. Lateral Funiculi
3. Ventral Funiculi
Function of Ventral Horn within grey matter → Contains cell bodies of preganglionic sympathetic neurons
What are the 6 spinal cord segments? → Dorsal Horn, Intermediate Zone, Ventral Horn and Lateral Horn