5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lady Capulet wants the wedding day to stay Thurs. because she needs time to organize the food. But Lord Capulet is so determined to have the wedding on Wednesday that he promises to make the arrangements himself.
- To stop her from being so sad by forcing her to spend time with others. Also he doesn't want peoople to think Juliet is weird because she spent an unusual amount of time mourning for the death of Tybalt.
- - What if the mixture doesn't work?
- What if it works too well (actually a poison) and F. L. is trying to kill her?
- What if I wake before Romeo comes?
- In that case, what if I suffocate? Will I go mad (dance with the bones of dead people?
- Friar Laurence will send another Friar (Friar John) with a letter that tells Romeo about the plans.
- - depressed ( only daughter is dead)
4 True/False questions
What plan do Juliet and the Friar come up with on Tuesday evening? There should be 4 steps. Why is timing so important? → 1. Go home and cheerfully consent to marry Paris
2. Tommorow night, make sure you are alone (no nurse) and drink the vial of potion.
3. Fall into a death-like trance for 42 hours.
4. Wake and go with Romeo to Mantua.
Timing is important because the morning after she takes the vial is when she is due to be married.
Describe Lady Capulet's reaction to finding Juliet. Why are her words especially ironic? → - inconsolable and wants to die with Juliet
- Ironic because a few scenes ago she said " I wish the fool were married to her grave".
Friar Laurence does not tell the family the truth, but he does try to comfort them. How does he do this? → - She's in heaven (a better place)
Describe the Nurse's reation to finding Juliet. → - depressed ( only daughter is dead)