5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- She plans to kill herself. (line 67)
- 1. Go home and cheerfully consent to marry Paris
2. Tommorow night, make sure you are alone (no nurse) and drink the vial of potion.
3. Fall into a death-like trance for 42 hours.
4. Wake and go with Romeo to Mantua.
Timing is important because the morning after she takes the vial is when she is due to be married.
- Lady Capulet wants the wedding day to stay Thurs. because she needs time to organize the food. But Lord Capulet is so determined to have the wedding on Wednesday that he promises to make the arrangements himself.
- To create suspense.
- Friar Laurence will send another Friar (Friar John) with a letter that tells Romeo about the plans.
4 True/False questions
What is the Friar's real reason for wanting to slow down the wedding plans between Paris and Juliet? → Comic Relief --> suspense
How does Act IV, scene ii open? Why? → It opens with Capulet talking to a servingman about cooks for the wedding. This is used as comic relief because the previous scene was very heavy. It also adds suspense.
Friar Laurence does not tell the family the truth, but he does try to comfort them. How does he do this? → - She's in heaven (a better place)
Describe Lord Capulet's reaction to find Juliet. → - depressed ( only daughter is dead)