5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- It opens with Capulet talking to a servingman about cooks for the wedding. This is used as comic relief because the previous scene was very heavy. It also adds suspense.
- Friar Laurence will send another Friar (Friar John) with a letter that tells Romeo about the plans.
- To buy some time to reveal Romeo and Juliet's marriage, to get Romeo back, and also because he knows Juliet is already married to Romeo
- - She's in heaven (a better place)
- 1. Go home and cheerfully consent to marry Paris
2. Tommorow night, make sure you are alone (no nurse) and drink the vial of potion.
3. Fall into a death-like trance for 42 hours.
4. Wake and go with Romeo to Mantua.
Timing is important because the morning after she takes the vial is when she is due to be married.
4 True/False questions
What is the deal with Peter and the musicians? → Comic Relief --> suspense
List some of the fears that Juliet expresses in her famous soliloquy in scene iii. Look at lines 14-58. → To create suspense.
What is Juliet planning on doing if Friar will not help her? Cite line numbers as evidence. → She plans to kill herself. (line 67)
According to Paris, what is the reason Capulet wants Juliet to marry so quickly? → To stop her from being so sad by forcing her to spend time with others. Also he doesn't want peoople to think Juliet is weird because she spent an unusual amount of time mourning for the death of Tybalt.