5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- where the Black Sea flows into the straits of the Bosporus across from Asia Minor
- Egypt, Carthage, and Italy
- Christian clergy
- it's safe & a good place for trading
- Aegean & Mediterranean Seas
- a Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- b Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- c Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
- d Where could the Athenians sail west to trade with the Greeks, Romans, and North Africans?
- e What places did General Belisarius conquer?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What did Constantine legalize?
- What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
- What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
- What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
- Who are the barbarian people that ruled the city of Carthage?
5 True/False questions
His wife Theodora wanted to die an empress rather than run; He stayed with her. → Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
hippodrome → What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?
it was far away from the wars & invasions among the barbarians in other parts of Europe → Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
Harbor → What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city → What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?