5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Christian holidays & churches
- Topography: has an inland plateau formed by the Taurus & Pontic mountain ranges.
Natural Resources: Large mineral deposits & Oil.
- a What did Constantine legalize?
- b What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
- c What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?
- d What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
- e Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
- What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
- How did Justinian take advantage of the destruction after the Nika Riots?
- Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- The Greens & the Blues played games, but they also guarded the city & _______?
5 True/False questions
Harbor → What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
Egypt, Carthage, and Italy → What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
India & China → Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
We know a lot about the Roman law. Some modern countries base their legal system on the law code. → Describe some lasting effects of Tribonia's work?
the Greens & the Blues → Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?