5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- General Belisarius
- We know a lot about the Roman law. Some modern countries base their legal system on the law code.
- Egypt, Carthage, and Italy
- Aegean & Mediterranean Seas
- a Who was sent to re-conquer the western provinces?
- b Where could the Athenians sail west to trade with the Greeks, Romans, and North Africans?
- c What places did General Belisarius conquer?
- d Describe some lasting effects of Tribonia's work?
- e What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
- What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
- What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
- What was Theodora before she married the emperor?
- Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
5 True/False questions
persecution → What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
Christian clergy → Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
Christianity → What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
Vandals → How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
a Greek cross → What was the church built in the form of?