5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 4 years
- He made Constantinople more beautiful. He built churches, government buildings, public baths & aqueducts.
- where the Black Sea flows into the straits of the Bosporus across from Asia Minor
- a How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
- b What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
- c What did the Ottoman Turks add, that is four surrounding towers in 1453?
- d Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
- e How did Justinian take advantage of the destruction after the Nika Riots?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
- Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?
- Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)
- Who are the barbarian people that ruled the city of Carthage?
5 True/False questions
His wife Theodora wanted to die an empress rather than run; He stayed with her. → What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
a Greek cross → Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
mosaics → What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?
Egypt, Carthage, and Italy → What places did General Belisarius conquer?
repaired the city walls → Who was sent to re-conquer the western provinces?