5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- repaired the city walls
- Corpus Juris Civilis OR The Body of Civil Law
- We know a lot about the Roman law. Some modern countries base their legal system on the law code.
- Topography: has an inland plateau formed by the Taurus & Pontic mountain ranges.
Natural Resources: Large mineral deposits & Oil.
- a What was the new, much shorter law code called?
- b The Greens & the Blues played games, but they also guarded the city & _______?
- c Describe some lasting effects of Tribonia's work?
- d Byzantium was a good location for trade because they had a _______ north of the village?
- e Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
- Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)
- What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?
- Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
5 True/False questions
a circus performer → What was the church built in the form of?
Constantinople → Who's the Roman emperor that found the village of Byzantium, and he rebuilt the city?
mosaics → What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?
a Greek cross → What was the church built in the form of?
rioted → Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)