5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Christian clergy
- India & China
- a Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- b What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?
- c What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
- d Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
- e What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was Theodora before she married the emperor?
- What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?
- What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
- What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
- What did the Ottoman Turks add, that is four surrounding towers in 1453?
5 True/False questions
repaired the city walls → The Greens & the Blues played games, but they also guarded the city & _______?
Black Sea → To trade with Asia, people could also travel around the _____?
His wife Theodora wanted to die an empress rather than run; He stayed with her. → Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
Egypt, Carthage, and Italy → What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city → Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?