5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Topography: has an inland plateau formed by the Taurus & Pontic mountain ranges.
Natural Resources: Large mineral deposits & Oil.
- high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city
- Greek colonists
- His wife Theodora wanted to die an empress rather than run; He stayed with her.
- a What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
- b Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
- c Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
- d Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
- e Who are the barbarian people that ruled the city of Carthage?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What did Constantine outlaw?
- Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
- Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- To trade with Asia, people could also travel around the _____?
- What was the church built in the form of?
5 True/False questions
Christian holidays & churches → Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
mosaics → What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?
it's safe & a good place for trading → What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?
We know a lot about the Roman law. Some modern countries base their legal system on the law code. → Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
Constantine → Who's the Roman emperor that found the village of Byzantium, and he rebuilt the city?