5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Greek colonists
- Corpus Juris Civilis OR The Body of Civil Law
- it's safe & a good place for trading
- high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city
- a What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
- b What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
- c Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
- d Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- e What was the new, much shorter law code called?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Describe some lasting effects of Tribonia's work?
- Who are the barbarian people that ruled the city of Carthage?
- Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
- Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
- Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
5 True/False questions
4 years → How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
Christianity → What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
persecution → What did Constantine outlaw?
Justinian I → Who was the first great emperor of Byzantium that ruled from 527-565?
barbarian → What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?