5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Christian clergy
- Aegean & Mediterranean Seas
- His wife Theodora wanted to die an empress rather than run; He stayed with her.
- it's safe & a good place for trading
- a Where could the Athenians sail west to trade with the Greeks, Romans, and North Africans?
- b Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- c Byzantium was a good location for trade because they had a _______ north of the village?
- d Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
- e Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was sent to re-conquer the western provinces?
- Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
- Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
- What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?
- Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
5 True/False questions
repaired the city walls → Who was sent to re-conquer the western provinces?
a Greek cross → What was the church built in the form of?
barbarian → What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
Christian holidays & churches → Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
Haggia Sophia → What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?