5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- His wife Theodora wanted to die an empress rather than run; He stayed with her.
- Haggia Sophia
- Christian clergy
- Aegean & Mediterranean Seas
- a What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
- b Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
- c Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- d Where could the Athenians sail west to trade with the Greeks, Romans, and North Africans?
- e What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Greens & the Blues played games, but they also guarded the city & _______?
- What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?
- Who are the barbarian people that ruled the city of Carthage?
- Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
- Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
5 True/False questions
Roman empire prospers → What was the church built in the form of?
the Greens & the Blues → Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
a circus performer → What was Theodora before she married the emperor?
barbarian → What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
Greek colonists → What was the church built in the form of?