5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Corpus Juris Civilis OR The Body of Civil Law
- high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city
- 4 years
- a What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
- b What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
- c How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
- d What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?
- e What was the new, much shorter law code called?
5 Multiple choice questions
- How did Justinian take advantage of the destruction after the Nika Riots?
- What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?
- Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
- Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
5 True/False questions
a circus performer → What was Theodora before she married the emperor?
Haggia Sophia → Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)
minarets → What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?
Constantinople → What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
mosaics → What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?