5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Justinian I
- He made Constantinople more beautiful. He built churches, government buildings, public baths & aqueducts.
- a Byzantium was a good location for trade because they had a _______ north of the village?
- b Who was the first great emperor of Byzantium that ruled from 527-565?
- c Who's the Roman emperor that found the village of Byzantium, and he rebuilt the city?
- d How did Justinian take advantage of the destruction after the Nika Riots?
- e What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
- What was Theodora before she married the emperor?
- Where could the Athenians sail west to trade with the Greeks, Romans, and North Africans?
- What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
5 True/False questions
We know a lot about the Roman law. Some modern countries base their legal system on the law code. → Describe some lasting effects of Tribonia's work?
Vandals → How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
His wife Theodora wanted to die an empress rather than run; He stayed with her. → Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city → What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
India & China → Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?