5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- compact bone
- involuntary muscle
- a Hard, dense bone tissue that is beneath the outer membrane of a bone
- b a connective tissue that is more flexible than bone and that protects the ends of bones and keeps them from rubbing together
- c a form of energy that travels in waves
- d a muscle that is not under conscious control
- e an opening through which sweat reaches the surface of the skin
5 Multiple choice questions
- involuntary muscle found in internal organs
- outer layer of skin
- A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
- a structure in the dermis of the skin from which a strand of hair grows
- a muscle that appears banded; also called skeletal muscle
5 True/False questions
tendon → a pigment that gives the skin its color
marrow → the soft connective tissue that fills the internal spaces in bone
Connective tissue → A body tissue that contracts or shortens, making body parts move.
magnetic resonance imaging → A process that uses radio waves to form pictures of the inside of the human body.
cardiac muscle → muscle tissue found only in the heart