5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Psychological Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- a deviant, distressful, and dysfunctional behaviour patterns
- b an anxiety disorder characterized by unwanted repetitive thoughts (obsessions) and/or actions (compulsions).
- c psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning
- d the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (Fourth Edition), a widely used system for classifying psychological disorders. Presently distributed in an updated "text revision" (DSM-IV-TR).
- e a group of severe disorders characterized by disorganized and delusional thinking, disturbed perceptions, and inappropriate emotions and actions
5 Multiple choice questions
- false beliefs, often of persecution or grandeur, that may accompany psychotic disorders
- an anxiety disorder characterized by haunting memories, nightmares, social withdrawal, jumpy anxiety, and/or insomnia that lingers for four weeks or more after a traumatic experience
- an anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations
- a personality disorder in which the person (usually a man) exhibits a lack of conscience for wrongdoing, even toward friends and family members; may be aggressive and ruthless or a clever con artist
- disorders in which conscious awareness becomes separated (dissociated) from previous memories, thoughts, and feelings
5 True/False questions
Generalized Anxiety Disorder → psychological disorders characterized by distressing, persistent anxiety or maladaptive behaviors that reduce anxiety
Anxiety Disorders → psychological disorders characterized by distressing, persistent anxiety or maladaptive behaviors that reduce anxiety
Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) → a rare dissociative disorder in which a person exhibits two or more distinct and alternating personalities. Also called multiple personality disorder.
Major Depressive Disorder → psychological disorders characterized by emotional extremes. See major depressive disorder, mania, and bipolar disorder.
Medical Model → an anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations