5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The __________ is a muscular tube that moves food to the stomach using peristalsis, or waves of muscle contractions.
- b The indigestible food and waste that collects in the rectum.
- c The first part of the small intestine is called this?
In the picture of the digestive system what is letter "I" pointing to?
This picture shows which part of the digestive system?
5 Multiple choice questions
- The __________ __________ contains villi which increase surface area to help with the absorption of nutrients.
- Your body needs __________ found in foods.
- The main function of the large intestine is to absorb excess __________.
- These Acids are released in the stomach to aid in chemical digestion.
- The food liquid produced by the stomach is called __________.
5 True/False questions
In the picture of the digestive system what is letter "P" pointing to?
chemical → When food is broken down by chemical reactions __________ digestion is taking place.
mechanical → When food is chewed, mixed, and churned __________ digestion is taking place.
mouth → The __________ is where your tongue, teeth, and saliva change food into a soft mass called a bolus.
large intestine → The __________ __________ contains villi which increase surface area to help with the absorption of nutrients.