7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Future objectives, current strategy, assumptions, capabilities.
- Threat of Substitute products, Bargaining power of supplier, bargaining power of buyer, threat of new entry, Rivalry among existing competitors.
- ID keys sources of competitive adv. in terms of cost of differentiation for a particular product/market.
- Unique Products/ Services/ Delivery Channel... EX... (Toyota quality"residual value", Amazon, Zappos "no shipping", Weber Grills, lexus, Ralph lauren, rolex, Neiman Marcus.)))
- ID the Organization's misson and objectives, Analyze the Environment or Analyze the organizations resources. --->Formulate strategy, Implement strategy, Evaluate and monitor results.
- Set of goals and policies designed to achieve competitive adv in a particular marketplace.
6 True/False questions
Cost Leadership → Selling your product at lower cost, High volume sales. Perceived value (price vs quality) EX...(State University, Jet Blue, Kia, Old Navy, TImex))
Stuck in the Middle → Boston Consulting Group Matrix. Positioning Chart for your industry(Cow=low growth, high market share)(DoG=low growth, low mrkt share *Dump the Dogs)(Question Marks??? =low mrkt share, high growth rate-- --Ask urself if you think the product is worth investing into)(Stars** High, high -take cash they need cash to keep growing, Marvel is a star, all stars become cash cows as the markets mature.)
SWOT analysis → S+W= Strengths and Weaknesses of the Oranization, O+T= opportunities and threats of the Environment. This analysis is to identify sources of Competitive advantage.
Focus → Set of goals and policies designed to achieve competitive adv in a particular marketplace.
BCG Matrix → Set of goals and policies designed to achieve competitive adv in a particular marketplace.
Corporate Strategy → What business are we in? Allocation of resources among business units. Ex. Pepsi Co