7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Unique Products/ Services/ Delivery Channel... EX... (Toyota quality"residual value", Amazon, Zappos "no shipping", Weber Grills, lexus, Ralph lauren, rolex, Neiman Marcus.)))
- S+W= Strengths and Weaknesses of the Oranization, O+T= opportunities and threats of the Environment. This analysis is to identify sources of Competitive advantage.
- Threat of Substitute products, Bargaining power of supplier, bargaining power of buyer, threat of new entry, Rivalry among existing competitors.
- Specific to a product, marketing, HR, R&D, operational strategy
- Human Resources, Raw Materials, Financial Resources, consumer Mrkts, Technology Sector, Industry Sector, ****Economics and Government Sectors----Most important are the last two. All of this is analyzed by SWOT.
- Set of goals and policies designed to achieve competitive adv in a particular marketplace.
6 True/False questions
Cost Leadership → Selling your product at lower cost, High volume sales. Perceived value (price vs quality) EX...(State University, Jet Blue, Kia, Old Navy, TImex))
Corporate Strategy → What business are we in? Allocation of resources among business units. Ex. Pepsi Co
Focus → Unique Product within a semented niche.. Particular product, end-user, or geography.. EX.. Rolls Royce, Ferrari, High end Golf courses, Tag Hauer, Edward Jones))
Environmental Scanning → this is important because each sector this analyzes represent an important segment of the environment that potentially influences the survival and effectivenes of the organization.
Business Unit Strategy → What business are we in? Allocation of resources among business units. Ex. Pepsi Co
BCG Matrix → Set of goals and policies designed to achieve competitive adv in a particular marketplace.