6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Elements in the group containing fluorine, chlorine, and bromine, among others.
- Elements in the first group of the periodic table.
- The average mass of all the known isotopes of an element, expressed in amu.
- A unit of mass equal to 1.66 * 10^-24 grams, which is one twelfth the mass of the isotope carbon-12.
- An alloy of iron and carbon.
5 True/False questions
Metal → Elements that are typically shiny and good conductors of heat and electricity.
Nonmetal → Elements that are poor conductors of heat and electricity.
Periodic table → A chart that organizes the elements by their chemical properties and increasing atomic number.
Chemical properties → Characteristics of matter that can be seen through direct observation such as density, melting point, and boiling point.
Periodicity → A chart that organizes the elements by their chemical properties and increasing atomic number.