6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A chart that organizes the elements by their chemical properties and increasing atomic number.
- An alloy of iron and carbon.
- A column of the periodic table.
- Characteristics of matter that can be seen through direct observation such as density, melting point, and boiling point.
- A row of the periodic table.
5 True/False questions
Atomic mass → A unit of mass equal to 1.66 * 10^-24 grams, which is one twelfth the mass of the isotope carbon-12.
Electrical conductor → A material that allows heat to flow easily.
Alkali metals → Elements in the first group of the periodic table.
Nonmetal → Elements that are typically shiny and good conductors of heat and electricity.
Noble gases → Elements in the group containing helium, neon, and argon, among others.